Options

can the reading lights change to blue?

Hey all, in the manual it says you can change the reading light to blue... the white is too bright when my little one is sleeping...  but I can't figure out how!

From the manual:
"There are two adjustable reading lights in the front above the head board, these lights have two settings, if you press the button once you have a blue night light, if you press and hold the button you will have a cool white reading light. "

Does anyone know how to change it to blue or maybe this an outdated feature? I have a 2018 t@b CS. Thanks!
Carie, Zac & Jujubean // Frederick, Maryland // 2018 cherry red t@b 320 CS "Lil' Bean" // 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU "the beach car" #tabbingwithatoddler

Comments

• Options
    peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
    My 2018 320S won't turn to blue either. My guess is that the lights have changed on the 2018 and the manual has not been updated. The current manual is 2017. But it would be great if I'm wrong.
    Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
    States Visited Map
    2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I changed mine to the blue/white lights found in the 400. The stock 320lights were to bright for this “little one!” Lol
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    No blue night light in this 2017 CSS.  Headboard?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    how did you change the lights out? just the bulbs or the whole unit?
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    cariegrlscariegrls Member Posts: 8
    Thanks @4ncar might have to go that route! 
    Carie, Zac & Jujubean // Frederick, Maryland // 2018 cherry red t@b 320 CS "Lil' Bean" // 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU "the beach car" #tabbingwithatoddler
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    peterac50 said:
    how did you change the lights out? just the bulbs or the whole unit?
    I ordered the entire fixture from Elsie @ Nucamp. 2 screws & two wire splices(each)... and I was stylin’!!!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,499
    drazilgod said:
    The two led "reading lights" at the back were just too bright. We replaced them with the exact fixture from Amazon in warm white. 
    Do you have a link to the warm white replacement? 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    I decided to order some light gels from amazon rather than replace the light fixtures. I also found colored and black-out cellophane covers in various shapes and sizes to put over the blue tv light and the lighted face of the jensen amp.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    @drazilgod how did you remove the main cabin light?  I have twisted it and pulled on it, but it doesn’t seem to budge.  I’m afraid to pull or twist to hard in fear of breaking it!
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    edited June 2018
    @Marceline - These look like them.  They have several options, $29.99 a pair:

Dream Lighting 12V LED Warm White
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
    Do the lights exist with a usb connector to charge phones?
    Mickey & Terri
    2016 Max S
    Kalamazoo Michigan
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I found out that the main cabin light retainer ring just pops off.  I just put a screwdriver under it and gently pried it away from the light.  The light fixture can then be removed by unscrewing the screws.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    I just found this after I sent a note to NuCamp about the 320S not having blue lights... It looks very much like the T@G manual was written first and this got through editing. My guess anyway. My T@B has only one setting on white lights.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • Options
    tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    I find the warm white light is more pleasant and sleep inducing.
    Installed them this week.
    Thanks @ColoradoJon
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • Options
    DcarltonDcarlton Member Posts: 19
    I just hang my hat on the light fixture. It lets out just the right amount of light that way.
  • Options
    JanaJana Member Posts: 33
    drazilgod said:
    The two led "reading lights" at the back were just too bright. We replaced them with the exact fixture from Amazon in warm white. Same with the main overhead. Same with the bathroom light. Same with the exterior "porch" light. 
    Early generation led lights didn't match "old school" incandescent colors. Then people just got used to the blueish white light (sometimes called cool white or sunlight color). Since I'm over 30 and I'm sorta in the lighting business, warm white seems more natural to me. The brand that NuCamp sources for their fixtures sells both colors, same price. 
    Either no one else is bothered by the lights, or maybe it's a marketing thing - maybe the cool white lights give more pop in the RV showroom. 
    I have asked some 20 something's and they don't even notice that the cool white lights are odd. 
    Anyway, it was kinda cheap, very easy to swap them out. 
    is your interior overhead light an add-on?  I saw one at a Tearstock but cannot find where to buy it.