Options

Trying to decide what to buy

LindamayLindamay Member Posts: 1
Hello Everyone. We've been looking at T@B trailers for sometime and just can't decide what to get. I'm torn between the T@B CS-S and a T@G teardrop.  Also interested in the Vestibule trailers, but they are much more expensive.  It is just two of us and a small dog.  Up until now, we've only tent camped.  If we get a T@G or Vestibule, we can keep it in the garage and more mobility, but trying to decide if it would be smarter to go with a bigger option.  I'm sure this is a dilemma many deal with in trying to make this decision.  Am probably going to rent a T@G for a week and try it out.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    One thing to consider is the tow vehicle.  Do you already have something that will tow a T@B? Or only the T@G?  The second item is how are you going to use it?  weekends and one trip a year or month long trips? Third consideration is bathroom. T@B has T@G not so much.  We had a 5wide for 2.5 years and loved it.  Just moved to a T@B and now love it too.  You do pay a penalty in gas milage to pull aT@B around but for us the biggie was being able to have heat, cool, and an indoor potty at night.  
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    I agree with Norm.  He makes a great point that a huge deciding factor is how you intend to use it.  I use my trailer for long trips lasting for 6-12 weeks.  For that, having a bathroom with shower, dedicated bed and an indoor kitchen has been key.  I started with a 6x10 SS and traveled with it for about 12 weeks that first summer.  Our destinations were predominantly National Parks and national forests.  Shower facilities were few and far between.  I came back from that trip determined to figure out the best shower equipment to bring with me for the next trip.  I finally decided that the more complete and convenient solution was to upgrade the entire trailer.  Since I didn't see the T@B as offering a dedicated bed, I drove cross country to buy a T@DA, which met all of my needs.  If, on the other hand, you see yourself as making trips for weekends and/or will be at full-service campgrounds with nice showers and other facilities, the T@G can be a great option.  Two really great options!

:) Lisa
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If you can rent first, that would be ideal. I can't imagine not being able to stand up inside. I like that with the T@b, if it is a quick overnight stop, I can change clothes, use the wet bath and cook with no real set up time.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    We to are long time tent campers who recently bought a 2015 T@B S Maxx. We haven't used it yet but consider it a "hard sided tent". Our trips last from 3 weeks to 3 months so we know how to live w/O stuff. We intend to pretty much use out T@B like our tent. A place to sleep and stay dry. Only with more comfort. We will still cook and live outside. We believe our S Maxx is overkill for us but if we do want more we have it.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I have to admit - I have not once, for a moment, regretted getting the S Maxx. Like leenscottfl said, it is nice to have everything if you want it. I have used all of the S Maxx features (heat, a/c, kitchen, bathroom/shower, television, stereo.

I consider mine my rolling guest room - where I can now bring my own room wherever I go. :)

If I am boondocking and want to conserve battery, I don't have to use the electronics, but they are there if I need them.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    I know someone with a great 2014 CS-S 4 sale!
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Any pics, Scuba?  What kind of solar did you add?