Options

T@b Outback Trim Strip

KTOTKTOT Member Posts: 35
Across both the front and back of the T@b, behind the tub that holds the battery and propane tank in front, is a little strip that runs the entire width of the camper. It's silver colored but seems to be plastic as it flexes a bit. My front piece apparently came loose while driving and broke. NuCamp sent me a new piece (as the camper is under warranty and I'm hours away from any T@b dealers) but I cannot get it in. I have talked to both NuCamp and the dealer I bought from but they really aren't any help. It looks simple--you push an end in all the way then just sort of snap the roughly 1/2 inch wide strip into place, covering the phillips screws on the camper. But I cannot get the strip to stay in no matter what I try--top first, bottom first, both together, screwdriver to help pry, etc. And the strip seems to be a bit long (though I can't get it inserted from one end with the other end hanging loose, so the length isn't the main issue). Has anyone installed one of these? If so, how did you get it to stay in?

Comments

• Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    I have an outback too but it's still under wraps for the winter so I cannot see the strip firsthand.  But,I took a look at the trailer front with some photo's I took last year and they lead me to wonder if the mouldings that runs along the sides of the T@B are put on after that horizontal silver strip.  If so it may be very difficult to slide the silver strip in place with the sides moulding now installed.  (?) 
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    KTOTKTOT Member Posts: 35
    I have an outback too but it's still under wraps for the winter so I cannot see the strip firsthand.  But,I took a look at the trailer front with some photo's I took last year and they lead me to wonder if the mouldings that runs along the sides of the T@B are put on after that horizontal silver strip.  If so it may be very difficult to slide the silver strip in place with the sides moulding now installed.  (?) 
    That's certainly possible, Bill, except both NuCamp and the dealer I purchased from said the strip should just slip into the space. The new strip does slide back under the black molding and no one suggested I should have to remove anything to get the new strip to stay in. If I was close to a dealer, I'd just take the camper in, but I'm far from any.