Options

Has Anyone Put a Hanger Line or Bar in the 320S Bathroom?

CincyKidCincyKid Member Posts: 83
edited April 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Tired of hanging my hangered clothes from a large hook to the left of the bathroom door (looks cluttered that way).  Now starting to hang the hangered shirts from the shower faucet but not happy about the weight there.  Has anyone considered a hanger line  or bar from the outer wall to the inner wall?  If yes did you find a solid attachment (stud)?

CincyKid
Cincinnati, OH

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited April 2018

In the winter, when we don't use the bathroom, we use a tension rod in the bathroom to hang all of our bulky coats. 

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I’m using a cafe tension rod for my bathtowel now. Works well and the price is right.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    CincyKidCincyKid Member Posts: 83
    edited April 2018
    Exactly what I am looking for, did you just compress against the walls or did you find a way to support it?  Your photo appears to be just compressing against the walls?

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    The tension rod pushes against the walls for it’s support.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    In a thread called "Heat Vents for the Rear Deck" in addition to the heat deck mods listed I also included one for a hanger bar across the whole rear of the trailer. Since we were actually moving and were taking a long trip, having a place to hang clothes was essential. Also further down the thread I gave a source for the "stay put" hangers that don't bounce off the bar when you go over bumps!

Hope this gives you some ideas! Many ideas for storage solutions on this forum.

Fergie

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    CincyKid said:
    Exactly what I am looking for, did you just compress against the walls or did you find a way to support it?  Your photo appears to be just compressing against the walls?
    I just compress against the walls. It will not stay up during transit in my experience. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Here is the thread Fergie where posted her mod.  (On Page 2).
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2196/heat-vents-for-the-rear-deck

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CanyonTravelersCanyonTravelers Member Posts: 40

We did the bar in our bathroom, and also added a hanging shoe organizer on the outside wall that we purchased from the Container Store.  The first time we went on a trip when we got to our destination it was lying on the floor.  I went to Home Depot and purchased a rod that had the metal wall brackets and just screwed them into the walls problem solved.  The wall is strong enough to support the shoe organizer and we have not had any problems, it also makes a nice place to store a hand/face towel.  We also purchased some of the drawers that slide into the organizer. There is still enough room to sit on the toilet.