Options

Propane tank accessories help

Hello. I’m looking for recommendations for two items. I don’t know exactly what they are called so I will describe. The first is a gauge to show how much fuel is in the propane tank. The second is an adapter (splitter?) that will allow me to hook up a grill or Coleman stove to the propane so I don’t have to bring multiple propane tanks.  Ideally, the adapter and the fuel gauge can both fit on the tank at the same time so I don’t have to fiddle with anything once they’re attached. Any ideas? Thanks!
2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited April 2018
    This is the adapter you want:

Camco 59133 Brass 90 Tee with 3 ports

It works great and is one of the best purchases I've made. You also will need a  hose to hook your adapter to your device:

Camco 59043 12' Propane Extension Hose

As for screw-on guages, the conventional wisdom is that are mostly useless. They are pressure-based, and as a result they don't really register until your tank is just about to run out. A much better option is the Worthington tank with an integrated float guage. U-Haul also sells them under their own label and typically have the best prices. I picked up mine at my local store. Once my other two tanks "expire' they will be replaced with these!

If you are interested do a search here and you should find several threads on the topic.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    edited April 2018
    ScottG said:

As for screw-on guages, the conventional wisdom is that are mostly useless. They are pressure-based, and as a result they don't really register until your tank is just about to run out. A much better option is the Worthington tank with an integrated float guage. U-Haul also sells them under their own label and typically have the best prices. I picked up mine at my local store. Once my other two tanks "expire' they will be replaced with these!

If you are interested do a search here and you should find several threads on the topic.

I picked up a Worthington tank with a built in float-gauge at Costco a few weeks ago for about $25. That's less that the price of a standalone gauge. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the comments.  Do you have to go anywhere special to get the tank refilled? I’ve only switched out empty for full tanks. I’ve never filled a tank. 
  • Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    Never mind. I googled propane tank refill and there’s lots of places!
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Southern states is my go to!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback