Options

cargo nets

dypdyp Member Posts: 15
I just purchased a Tab 320S and would like information and help on where and what size cargo nets to purchase for the long shelf under the cabinets.  I do not know where to purchase them, the sizing and how to attach them  As you can tell I am a newbie and this is my first RV.   
Any help or info would be appreciated

Dyp

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @dyp, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Call Elsie @ NuCamp. Her information can be found in the contacts category to the far left of your screen. As far as attaching them, you have choices, but a word of caution. Do not screw anything into the walls of your trailer as it is a composite material, less than an inch thick. You can use commad adhesive strips with different hooks attached. You can screw into the wood with approximately sized hardware. You can use velcro. Read the modification category of the forum and there will be many innovations, instructions and suggestions. Please take the time to give us an introduction. Tell us a little about yourself, how you came to own a t@b and where you're located. You may have fellow t@bbers nearby willing to assist and share. Happy t@bbing
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help and info.  I will give her a call. 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2018
    Because I also needed to get a longer one for a custom installed wire shelf across the back, I ordered from this site..
    I ordered the 4x20" & 4x36" nets for the standard T@B320S side shelves, as shown here (scroll down) ..
    https://www.organizedobie.com/Barrier-Stretch-Nets
    These appear to be very similar to NuCamp's netting.  I'd be curious to hear what NuCamp's price is & whether they include mounting hardware. 

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Hey dyp: are you referring to the back shelf when the seats are down? I got mine at organizedobie.com. I ordered the 8x72 barrier stretch net. It comes with j clips and screws. 

Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Hello cbarnhill!
    I read your earlier post and ordered the same one you recommended.  I just received  it yesterday, but it seems to be too long.  What did you do about the extra length and how did you attach your net?  I'm assuming you screwed it in.  Did you screww it on the lip or just inside the lip, to access opening easier..

Thank you so much for answering
    dyp tab 320s NH
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Hmm. No it wasn’t too long for me. In fact, once you start to hang it, you have to really stretch the net. We screwed it on the lip. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451

I purchased nets from organizedobie - not sure what year, maybe 2017 - I purchased 4 - and ALL of them, now in 2022 - are totally stretched out and unusable. I contacted organizedobie and they said that was to be expected. Has anyone else's stretched out and does anyone know if the ones sold by nuCamp would last more than 5 years?

2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yes, same thing has happened with ours.  Don't know if all brands are like this, but it's disappointing.  Perimeter bands seem to be OK I think.  I may see if I can just trim them & rework.  Or find a new source to try.
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Got mine from NuCamp in 2018 and they are still like new. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    I'm getting some stretchy mesh fabric to try as a replacement for the OrganizedObie nets that have lost their stretchyness.  Since the stretchy cords still seem to be in good shape, I will try replacing just the nets with this fabric that has smaller holes.  If it seems to work, I'll post more info.  
  • Options
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    BrianZ said:
    @AldebaranJill, I just posted my new netting installation here..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/186451/#Comment_186451

Thank you for alerting me and for posting this!! I will follow your example.

2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    One can buy nets off of EBay once you determine measurements, they're for various models of cars.  I bought one years ago for my 2016 T@B.  It was around $12.00 if I remember correctly.