Options

T@B 400 Air Conditioner Fan Won't Go On 'Low'

Just tried out the AC in my T@B 400 today.  Although the control says that there are three fan settings (High, Low, Auto), all I seem to be able to get is High no matter what setting I use.  No difference in fan speed between High and Low.  Anyone else notice this?  Also, it seems to be taking a long time to cool down and outside temps today are only around 72 or so. Cabin temp was about 80 when I turned it on and set the thermostat to 67.  Ran for quite a while and the temp only got down to the mid 70's.  Thoughts?
2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    One thing I learned with our 400,  Make sure to set the temp on the Alde as low as it will go .  It can try to heat the cabin if it is on even with the A/C running.  We leave ours on the Auto function and the fan runs continually.  The A/C cycles on and off fairly frequently.  Does keep it nippy inside. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    Well, I turned it on Auto and let it run for about an hour and a half.  It cooled down to the temp I had set it on, so I guess I'm good.  Fan does run continuously and never changes speed, though.  According to the thermostat manual, I thought it would eventually go to a low speed as it approached the temp set point?
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    newbie said:
    Well, I turned it on Auto and let it run for about an hour and a half.  It cooled down to the temp I had set it on, so I guess I'm good.  Fan does run continuously and never changes speed, though.  According to the thermostat manual, I thought it would eventually go to a low speed as it approached the temp set point?
    Ours won’t go on “low” either.  Though it gets nice and cool inside.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • Options
    newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    I called Dometic and they say that there is only a very subtle difference between the 'Low' and 'High' speed settings as to the air conditioner fan speed.  I hardly notice any difference.  Can other people confirm that that is their experience in the 400?
  • Options
    StevieStevie Member Posts: 36
    Ran mine on low for the first time last night. It was definitely less blowy but sounded the same.
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    edited June 2018
    Stevie said:
    Ran mine on low for the first time last night. It was definitely less blowy but sounded the same.
    Interesting.  I’ll have to check ours out and see if it is less “blowy” on low.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State