Would love to see curtain ideas!

So even though there are screens to keep bugs out, and privacy screens, I was thinking of hanging some sort of curtains over the side windows -- so I could have the "bug" screens up, but then a sort of sheer curtain pulled so you couldn't really see in, but could get some fresh air. I would LOVE to see pics of how folks have done something like this...and how you hung them. I'm thinking tension rods so we wouldn't make any holes in the camper, but I bet y'all have come up with lots of creative ideas! (We have a 2017 T@B 320 S...if that matters...lol.)
2017 T@B 320 S
TV 2012 Honda Odyssey/2018 Toyota Tacoma

Comments

• TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Hi GATabber,
    i tried tension rods last year, thought they were snugged up enough but still fell out.  Thought I would go to cafe road with the small hooky thing that fits onto a small bracket. 
  • mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    Had used Command hooks (in this pic) but now using tension rods. One side stays up fine, other is a tad loose so falls down while driving. I just take it down for transport and put it back up (need to make it a bit smaller).

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @GATabber, we use tension rods, but a special type. They are adjustable. To set them, I adjust it to about 1/2-3/4 inch longer than the actual length needed, then tighten the screw to set the length. You can compress the rod just enough to place the rod in position. The rods are oval in shape which gives the grip ends more surface area. The oval shape is elongated and semi-flat which makes it easy to hang BEHIND the facia board of the valance so all you see is the curtains. Pics to follow. Btw, 18,000 miles in 13 months over every kind of road and terrain. Never fallen or moved position unless DH or the boys were pulling on them.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Very cute dragon fabric!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @SAM, appropo, don't you think? Boys picked the fabric. 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Perfect!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • KeepingtheDreamAliveKeepingtheDreamAlive Member Posts: 19
    Mickietucs, I love your curtains and tiny white lights! So cozy and simple. My first camping trip in my new used 2006 DM this May and we had a huge full moon shining in and lighting up the whole camper! I wished I had brought an eyemask or had curtains for sleeping. The privacy screens block the air flow.

Debora
    2006 T16-1 U-shape and TV 2006 Ford Explorer