Options

Opinions on this T@B CS-S

Her husband sadly passed away after purchasing this trailer so it has only made the trip home. My wife and I are going to check it out today. If it is in new condition, I'm sure it is worth the $15k she is asking.

I am 6'1" so I like the external kitchen. I also like that it has the updated fan and the external shower. I do wish it was a premium model but you cant have it all and the price seems right.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Things to look/check for? Since her husband died, I'm not sure if it was winterized correctly. Perhaps it came from the dealer winterized?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/187374831907948/

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Excellent price! There are checklists available here on the Forum. Use the search tab above. Try everything inside the trailer, and out. Ask if it was winterized, and how. I'd ask who the dealer was & get info from them on the winterizing part, and any other questions you might have. Find a GOOD reputable dealer near you for any concerns you may have. Most are willing to help if they are good, honest dealers. Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision. Thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "premium" model--it seems like it might not have an entertainment system, but everything else is there, along with some useful extras. It certainly does seem priced to move.

If the seller can hook you up to power, water, and propane you can test everything on site and ensure there is no damage from freezing. The battery may not be in great shape, depending on how it was stored, but that's relatively easy and cheap to replace.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    By premium I mean not a base such as the Sofitel or the outback. I did notice no entertainment. Speakers are nice to have but we don’t even use our TVs at home. 
  • Options
    I’ll ask about the dealer, I know they bought it in Ohio, towed it home right before the husband passed. Not sure where or how it was stored. I’ll be sure to ask. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    maddmike said:
    By premium I mean not a base such as the Sofitel or the outback. I did notice no entertainment. Speakers are nice to have but we don’t even use our TVs at home. 
    Ahh, got it. However, I don't think those models were ever made in a CS version, so if it's an outdoor kitchen you want I think you're lookin' at a good deal!

I hear you about the TV. I think ours has been on once in three seasons.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    I don't see a refrigerator. I never seen a newer model CS-S without one before. 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    IslandJo said:
    I don't see a refrigerator. I never seen a newer model CS-S without one before. 
    Right! I thought something else looked unusual!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Yup, husband wanted to use his Yeti and they skipped the fridge. Hey had it custom ordered and drove to The factory to pick it up. 

Overall, trailer shows and smells like new. All the calking shows no cracks or other wear. Trailer was winterized by the local RV dealer. Everything works though he battery is at 13.6% and the found two small divits on the inside of the clamshell, perhaps from the cutting board rolling around in there. I can’t totally stand up straight so glad the kicchen is outside. 

I work for Lenovo so we have plenty of tablets and Yoga Books lying around and where we watch most shows from. 

I made them an offer offer slightly below asking but they have one more buyer interested in looking at it so we will see. 
  • Options
    Of course I may lose it if the other interested party comes in at full asking but I just found out I have a moisture problem in my crawl space so I have to remediate that too. 

If if I do lose it, then I guess we keep rent camping this year and maybe get a camper next year. 
  • Options
    Excellent price! There are checklists available here on the Forum. Use the search tab above. 
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Since you’re over 6’ I’m going to mention that the sleeping arrangement in the CS is wheel-to-wheel, so you should make sure you’re ok with that. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Sweet!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @maddmike, welcome to the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! We'll wave as we pass you on the road some day. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    If the battery meter says 13.6, then that the power voltage when plugged up. That is a good thing. You need to look at the meter shortly after unplugging with all items turned off. It should show around 12.8 - 12.9. The meter shows volts, not percentage.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Very exciting. Sounds like a good deal. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm still learning. Maybe the battery is fine. We will be picking up Monday and next weekend will do our trial by fire at Ocracoke island for two nights with my wife, our 10 month old and probably one of the dogs. I'm sure we will forget something or mess something up but that is half the adventure and will be more comfortable than tent camping with a baby.

I guess for now we will just use the cooler that has served us well over the last few years but eventually we would want to get a fridge I think. I am going to drop the money on the Yamaha generator as many of the places we camp do not have electric. Not an issue in a tent but defeats the purpose of a camper if you can't use the AC and lights.
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Congratulations!

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Congratulations and happy camping 
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA