Options

Two Zamp, one battery?

I own a smaller Zamp 40.  Anyone know if I buy an Zamp 80 if I can still use my Zamp 40 too?  Would hate for the Zamp 40 to go to waste.

So can two suitcase style Zamp be used to allow more charging to my one battery?

TJ

Comments

• Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    I don't have a definitive answer for you, but my hunch is no.  I'd think you'd need to connect all of the panels via one solar charge controller vs. the two that would be included in two portable Zamp setups.  That said, I do have multiple charging sources for my trailer at times since I have permanent solar along with the converter when plugged in to shore power or the TV charge line when towing.  So, I'm changing my answer to "maybe."  Lol.  I'd call Zamp and ask them.  Their customer service is great.  My original 80 watt panels (pre current permanent install) got caught in a massive wind gust in Death Valley sending them 20 feet face down on gravel, tearing out the cable.  Zamp walked me through fixing it.  
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    tenkarajunkietenkarajunkie Member Posts: 18
    I called ZAMP..... unless they rewire the older 40w to work in conjunction with a newer say 80w or 120w, it would not work.  I think one of the controllers has to come off and wiring done, etc.... They said they could do the service but might be better that I sell the 40w and buy a newer bigger model.  Anyway, that is the scoop.  tj