Options

Which roof vent cover to purchase?

We are researching which is the best roof vent cover to purchase for our new 2018 320S boondock. Is there one that fits without needing to drill new holes, that fits the current screw holes? Ideally, it could also fit a trailer cover. I’ve seen the Camco Aero flo. Does it work without needing to drill new holes?

Any recommendations? Thanks for the help!
2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Aero Flo is great. You only drill 4 holes in the upright flange of the Fantastic Fan, not in the roof, easy to install and it works well, and it looks sleek. If you search for Aero Flo on the forum you’ll find many references to it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2018
    Aero Flo is what we have on ours.  Fairly easy installation using an extension ladder leaned over the roof.  It's nice to be able to leave the vent open during rain & while not in use.  We've also had the vent cracked open during travel. Plus, it not only fits under our cover, but provides some extra slope to the cover for deflecting debris, if you have trees nearby, like we do.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have the Ultrabreeze from Fantastic Fan. It allows the vent to be fully open and it required no drilling for me. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    We have the maxaire vent cover. Dealer installed it at purchase, so I can't verify the process, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the aeroflow. Has a slightly taller profile but easily fits under the t@b cover.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I have the fantastic fan vent. Required drilling, and roof seal...easy though, and vent opens full.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for all the comments! I’m leaning towards the aero flo. I like the lower profile even if the vent can’t open fully.
    2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @LisaH, I have never felt the inability to fully open the Fantastic Fan vent has hindered the air flow with the AeroFlo cover installed. I had an Aero Flo for two years on my Silver Shadow Teardrop and now for 3 years on my T@B 320.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Verna said:
    Aero Flo is great. You only drill 4 holes in the upright flange of the Fantastic Fan, not in the roof, easy to install and it works well, and it looks sleek. If you search for Aero Flo on the forum you’ll find many references to it. 
    X2
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    tfire328tfire328 Member Posts: 22
    We have the Aero Flo also. Works great and a very easy install.
    Ted & Donna. Bay City, Michigan. Ford Escape, 2016 Tab Max-S