Options

T@B 400 mods

I’ve owned my 400 for close to 2 months now and regrettably have not had a chance to do any camping yet :angry:   Been doing minor repairs and upgrades though. Thought I’d share a few.  Some ideas created, some borrowed, some I've just found useful over the years owning my 320 S Max.  Most really simple add's which are the best.

Magnetic knife/other holder.  Struggled to find a good place and this just seems to be the best area.  Also command storage bin seems to work well here for misc kitchen spices/etc.   Time will tell and easy to remove if I need.

Some useful command hook locations.  The level was something I used quite often to verify level and finally decided to "command" it in place.

Keeps tablets and remote in place using command hook clips and small bungee.  Maybe even good for cargo netting.

Saw this idea somewhere else on the forum but find it very useful.... until I get the courage to cut a door out in front.  This could be challenging once you get the bedding in place.

Had this on my T@B 320 S Max and find it useful for small storage and keeping the cables protected.  This of course has been on the forum for a while and even is for sale.  I didn't originate the idea but just made my own version.  I extended the diamond plate partially into the tub area and added plastic the remaining way to cover the bottom of the tub so things don't migrate to the highway :scream:  It also allows you to only extend what you need on the main hookup.  My previous version had aluminum mesh on the bottom but I found as things move and vibrate around it was wearing the hoses and wires I was keeping in there.  I prefer a nice smooth plastic on the bottom.

Seems like a nice place for this.  Used to be on my 320 cabinet door but wouldn't fit on the 400.  Time will tell if it's useful or not.
2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)

Comments

• Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    Nice mods.... I came to the exact same idea with the towel roll! That was a carry over item from the 320S where I had it hanging over a cabinet door. Like you, I found that sloped front piece in front of the storage space over the stove a very convenient spot to hang it. I store it behind when traveling so as no to cause scratches. My paper towel holder hangs lower. The magnetic knife rack and utensil holder are a nice touch. 

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
    At the moment I use that for cloth towels but did consider paper towels in that spot but need a different hook.  I had my paper towels over the door on my 320 which I thought was a perfect spot.  Doesn’t work on the 400.  
  • Options
    CherylinDallasCherylinDallas Member Posts: 21
    Oh, Oh, Oh!  Excellent ideas, all.

I, too, am a new 400 owner and still trying to figure out where to store items.  These pics have given me so many good ideas.  I need to order some of those heavy-duty-metal Command hooks to hold dog leashes near the door.  And the cloth towel holder -- I will definitely use that one.  Magnetic knife holder:  who knew there was such a thing?  Now I can't live without one, either.

Kevin@7 and robpt, I appreciate the ideas and pictures.  My Amazon Prime membership is getting a work-out.

• Options
    Thanks CherylinDallas.  The more i used these command hooks the more I love em.  I just can't bring myself to drill into those walls.  At first a bit hesitant as I'm unsure of the holding strength but surprisingly strong as long as you follow all their limits and suggestions for waiting before putting any significant load.  I've learned the hard way to remove only by pulling down not towards you at all.  The tape remnants are a pain to remove if you don't do that.   BTW, Costco is a great source for these.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Kevin@7 have you seen the BIG Command hooks? OMGosh. They can even hold a hanger that has one of my heavy leather jackets on it (this is not put on a place where wallpaper is... not a good mix). It doesn't help that my sis has 3M stock and she sends everyone 3M Xmas boxes to all the family members - it is a tiny box filled with old favorites and brand new cool stuff they are marketing!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, I think i own some but not sure they're the ones you mention.  I wonder how heavy duty they go these days...sure they're pushing the boundary.  I've seen them sell hooks made out of quality materials like metal and wood.