Options

Original Dealer is meh...

ELKELK Member Posts: 213
Hi all
I'm getting ready to take my 2016 T@B MAX S out for the season but wonder if I should get a check up. She's been sitting in my driveway for the past year with the battery un connected (on a solar trickle), but because of various life "issues" I have not gone camping since 2016.
I'm not thrilled with my original dealer but they are the closest T@B dealer by miles. Is it possible to take it to a closer RV place that has a great rep even though they are not a T@B dealer?
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    p.s. My brake controller was not installed properly or fixed properly and is not working (thus my unhappiness with original dealer.)

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Elk, since your one year warranty is up, you can take it anywhere you are comfortable with. 

If you choose a dealer who services Airstreams, they will be familiar with the Alde boiler (furnace) and water heater.  

Be sure to do some reading here about dewinterizing so you can give them advice on how the valves must be turned to dewinterize.  There are files in the category of User Manuals/PDF Files/, etc. that can help you. Be sure to print the appropriate ones out to help the RV service department. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thank you so much Verna!  That will make my life easier!
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Another option if you are mostly concerned with the mechanics like tires, brakes, and bearings is to go to a place that services horse and utility trailers. You don't need an RV place for those with a T@B. Most of those places install hitches and brake controllers since horse trailers require them.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Or utility trailer dealers, as I have found the best utility trailer business in the Indianapolis, area!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am with Photomom and Verna. Utility places can do most things.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ELK You might also want to email NuCamp about your dealer experiences, both good and bad. A NuCamp rep told me this spring that they value our feedback because the dealers are the "face of the company" so to speak, as they deal directly with us in sales and service. That way they know who needs more training, and who does a great job for us. Good luck with your Tab, and happy camping!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And, @ELK If  you indicate the area where you live, it’s possible another member has a positive experience with a dealer/trailer repair place they could share with you.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    oh yeah! I live in Portland Oregon....Bought from RBYoung and just found out Apache is a few miles down the road....I'm taking her in Wed, for a trip Friday am. 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited July 2018
    @ELK Well shoot! We live in Portland too and can’t recommend BYoung either. I’ll ask you later how it went with Apache.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    oh the $$$$$
    !!!