Options

"Tire Claw" wheel locks for a 2017 320S with ST205/75R14 tires

eltonelton Member Posts: 13
Does anyone recommend these yellow " tire claws"? Which brand is best? Are all keyed by identical keys? Why do some people buy 2 when 1 should do ? Where are best buys found for these ?

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    A reason some people might buy and use two, is that a thief can very easily remove the tire with the lock on it, mount the spare, and drive away with the trailer. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Anything to slow down a thief.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have two tire locks on my T@B when it’s in the driveway. If someone else wants it, they will have to work to take it. And the two hitch locks, too. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Elton, I remember reading about a small trailer owner (not a t@b) who's surveillance video showed a thief knocking a hitch lock off with one hammer blow, hooking up to and pulling the trailer down the street with a yellow tiger claw lock in place. The lock didn't last until the end of the block. Owner found it broken a few houses away. Dragging it on the concrete street effectively eliminated the deterrent. We all do what we think is appropriate to our circumstances to protect our treasures and ourselves. We use a brahma lock even with the trailer in our suburban backyard, 10 feet from our house, behind a solid 6' high wood fence. 5 miles from the south side city of Detroit border.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    X2 for the Brahma wheel lock for our T@B in a crime ridden neighborhood on a busy city street. Under a carport.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I think essentially, you are just trying to make it more difficult to take the the trailer next to you when your camping and like it's been said, anything that slows them down. We use the Trimax primarily because it is yellow and easy to see.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.