Options

Lagun Tops: Sweet Spot Size?

I installed the Lagun mount earlier this year using the existing (2014/15) “big” table top”.  Now we’re thinking of downsizing (the story of our retired lives).  I see all shapes & sizes with postings over the last couple years, and I’m guessing the “right” size depends on how you use it...dining, dinner prep, put aside for the night, as a base for sleeping, etc..  What I haven’t seen is anyone using the Marine Teak folding (or sliding) top...they seem like a nice compromise (albeit a little pricey).  I bought the Lagun mount from these guys and they were great...cheaper than U.S. suppliers and fast delivery from the U.K..  

Has anyone tried their teak top?  

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/folding--sliding-teak-tables

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Interesting, @DurangoTaB.

I’d love to see how much just the mechanism is, as the finished price is a bit too rich for me. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Verna.,,As a fellow woodworker who's worked with teak I think I agree!

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @DurangoTaB, how about cypress?  It grows in the water, it is extremely waterproof, and it’s a pretty light colored wood. It is dense, which means it weighs more than teak, but it would last. 

Right now I’m taking the same route as @Homebodyatheart and I’m using a large cutting board as my tabletop. I coat it with mineral oil whenever I think of it. It works and i5 looks good. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Hmmm...several options for wood!  Like you, the hardware is the trick to having both a small and large table option.

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Those are some cool table tips! I am still using the Husjy workbench top. It's an in between type of size. Around $20 for HD.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
    I used some of these hinges.  I was able to keep compact and fold out to full size when needed.  For a prototype to see if this would work for me I used some of those pre-glued pine boards you find at most home improvement stores.  Ended up just using that for a full season and then I upgraded to a 400.

2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
    2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)