Options

No turn signals

Installed new LED tail lights per product suggested by Richard Lewis instructions. The red to red and black to brown light the tail lights. Red to brown, black to red make the LED lights brighter. Either way the turn signals do not work. I left the old tail light installed on the drivers side and the turn signal works. I am working on the passenger side tail light. 

The old light I took off had the white going to the bolt and attached via the ring so assumed that was the ground so crimped that up right away so that wasnt in the mix. 

The tail lights are from etrailer and state stop and turn on the back.

2007 DM t@b....HELP!

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594

If I've read your description correctly the LED brightness change tracks Richard Lewis 'How to' wiring, so your trailer has standard DM T@B wiring. Except the LED Turn Signal will not flash.

- 1 -  Did you confirm the Turn Signal was working before installing the LED light ?

- 2 -  With the LED light wired in the 'Normal” way, does the Stop LED work, but not the Turn LED ?

If Stop LED works then your problem is in the TV, possible blown 'trailer fuse'

If both Stop LED and Turn LED don't work . . .

Do you have a voltmeter (or 12V test light) to confirm the Stop/Turn is 'hot' at the LED light location ?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Tez23Tez23 Member Posts: 9
    1-no I didn't confirm the passenger side was working before taking apart. Driver's side turn does work with old lights.

2-I haven't tried stop LED to see if it works. 

If blown trailer fuse wouldn't all trailer lights not be working?
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Tez23 said:

If blown trailer fuse wouldn't all trailer lights not be working?
    Depends on your TV make. model, year.

My TV has three trailer fuses:
       Battery to trailer +12V
       Trailer Stop
       Trailer Turn

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Ok, good to know...doing other modes the next few days before I can get back to this.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Fuses were all good. Had power to the plug but noticed a little corrosion on one of the pins.  Cleaned the pin, installed the other tail light and everything works! Woohoo!