Options

Two CPAP's In A T@B?

kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
After looking at teardrops for a few years, my wife and I have set our sights on a T@B S Max. We both use a CPAP machine, and we are wondering how others deal with this in the limited space that a T@B has. We live in Northern Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati and look forward to joining the Teardrop Community in the near future.
2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

Comments

• Options
    fresnodonfresnodon Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    My wife takes her CPAP along with her for our weekend trips. I leave mine at home, as I can go a few nights without it. She plugs in her machine under the table area. (First mod is to install a pedestal table instead of the fold up table which frees up under table storage space at night) and sets the machine on the bed under the window. Works fine. On longer trips I take mine and set it next to me. We don't take the humidifiers on the trips. No problems. We are having a blast in our Maxx. On those weekends where I don't have my machine, I sleep very soundly, even better than at home.
    2014M@xS TV-VolvoXC60(Traveler)
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    edited February 2015
    I have a 12V ($90) power supply for the CPAP so we can be boondocking and use it.  I set it on the counter behind the stove.  I do use the humidifier.  The power draw from the electric fridge, CPAP over night and any other drains amounts to 18- 20 amps nightly.  We have solar charging which gets us back to 100% of charge daily unless it is raining, then all bets are off.   We have 225 AH battery capacity.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I use a CPAP in my Silver Shadow and also do not use the humidifier as it would drastically cut down on the amount of power within the battery and might damage the CPAP unit too.  You should be able to calculate your consumption if you know the wattage requirements of both machines and battery size.  I use a 600 watt portable Stanley inverter, plug it into the 12 volt port inside my trailer and power up the CPAP with it.  Works great and I use my 80 watt Zamp panel to keep things charged up when the trailer isn't plugged into shore power.  Monitor your battery voltage and ensure that you don't take it down to less than 50% to allow for longer battery life.  Here is a chart below that gives you an idea of the proper voltage readings.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. We are going to take our machines with us and see how they fit and if we would need any additional outlets. We would need to use the humidifiers due to sinus issues, even if it were just water in the chamber and the heating element turned off. 
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I use the humidifier with the temp turned low to 64-68 for my nasal issues too.  My 12 V power supply is specifically made by Resmed for my unit.  Resmed engineers are very helpful with these travel needs and have charts on power usage.  Not sure what manufacture you have but it is a more common issue these days.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL