If you could start over, what factory additions would you most like on your T@b?

Hello T@bbers! I have taken the plunge and ordered a new Tab Sofitel Q Maxx with Alde, front window and outside shower. I'm told they will be building it in early March. I can add options if I order them through my dealer very soon. I'm thinking about asking for factory bedrails, a 112 electrical outlet inside the front cabinets (for a small microwave I have) and possibly an electric outlet in the back bed area (for when the back bench is down).
  Not sure yet how to go on the back outlet. One thought is to see if I can get a 112 V outlet put in the center of the back shelf where the superflous finger hole is (you can't open the shelf as it's sealed due to Alde innards taking up that space). But then the 112 V would only work when hooked to "shore power". As I'm thinking that the greatest use of a back outlet would be for charging phones, tablets and other small toys, I might be better off with a USB type outlet that would charge off either 112 or 12 V. It looks like power for that type of outlet might be tapped off of the back cabinet mounted lights. Not sure how accessible those are behind the cabinets for DIY modification. And would it be better to have it down by/on the back shelf anyway?
  So, looking for thoughts on these potential mods, as well as my general topic; what factory additions would you most like on your T@b?  (or which one's do you have that you like best?)  Thanks all!

Comments

• Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    A 12v or USB outlet near the head of the bed would be a definite.  I've installed a combo 12v/usb near the bed in my T@DA.  
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Bed slats a definite along with a flush mounted floor table post mount. 

I would also like to see the option of a hard wired surge suppressor for the 30 amp shore power and a house battery switch inside to disconnect the trailer from the battery while stored. 

Tank monitors and a volt meter would also be nice to have. 

Would also like the option of a high efficiency electric only fridge. Possibly an option for an induction burner inset into the counter in place of the propane stove top. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    Been researching to see if an induction burner would take up to much power. I would think the ideal combo would be one induction and one propane burner. 
  • judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015
    What Mawebb said with the exception of only 1 induction element.  Outside outlet on T@B, but I think that is standard now.
    I do wish the fake stainless behind our stove and sink would work with my magnetic items.  How about surfaces that would allow us to use suction cup holders?' I had big plans for lightweight storage and organization 
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

I believe that the stainless steel is real. Stainless steel has low magnetic properties so that is why magnets won't work. But I do agree that being able to use magnets or suction cups would be helpful for attaching storage solutions. 
    Well, Mawebb, forgive me.  I hope I didn't insult LG.  I have stainless and magnets work.  I put a suction cup on it, didn't stick long but made an ugly dark spot.  I hope to buff it.
    love using suction cup holders in a bath when traveling.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I'd like a 12v plug outside next to th ACs that are there.
    I don't have the stainless back splash in my T@B as I have the S M@xx with the front window. I am going by memory of when we were looking at other models that had the stainless. I recall being impressed with the back spash as I thought it was much nicer than many other trailers that use vinyl covered luan that are supposed to look like tiles. 
    Bet you really enjoy that window.  Ours is a 2014 S M@XX. 

• SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I'd like to see a cargo net (much like those with pockets in autos) across the rear of the T@B.
    This would allow folks to put their coats, purses and other gear off the bed and floor since there isn't a closet in the T@B M@XX.
    SgtJohn - Where in back, by the shelf behind the bench seat?
  • SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Actually, I installed a net under the back cabinets.   Total cost was about $12.00 for the net and a couple of screw in sort of knobs that each end is attached.  (eBay again).  We put our pillows in it during the day and in the evening when we hit the hay we can put our day clothes in the net.  I also installed a USB charger beside the 120V under the table and I am thinking of putting one somewhere near the rear of the trailer near the "lift-up" lid.  It isn't difficult, simply run a couple of wires off of the detector to the rear of the T@B over the ALDE and drill a hole for the USB charger and wham!  You're done!
  • leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    What mawebb said. Hardwired surge protector and an easy way to isolate the battery during storage
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Will the factory install a battery cutoff switch and a hardwired surge suppressor as options, or would the dealer need to do that (or DIY)?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
    If I wanted to talk to someone in the factory about what options they can do, who specifically would I contact?
  • 2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2015
    I would like some way to access the storage behind the couch/bed.  With some of the equipment under the back driver's side bench it is impossible to access that bit of storage.  I did see a mod that allowed the back to fold down as it does now and also lift up from the bottom to expose the entire area behind.  The passenger's side works fine since you can just lift the bench seat.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Photomom said:
    If I wanted to talk to someone in the factory about what options they can do, who specifically would I contact?
    You should contact a dealer and start cultivating a good relationship with them. They should have a list of the available options.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Someone here said it was best to talk to the factory first as not all dealers are aware of what can be done. 
    Verna - My dealer didn't have a clue.
    Photomom - I'd still start there, make an assessment and press them to find out if you feel they're not up on what can or can't be. From what I understand though, almost anything is changeable, all depends on how much you want to spend.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It is our place to try to cultivate a relationship between the customer and the dealer.  You cannot order from the factory, so if you start with your dealer, then you two will have a better job at getting along. How can a dealer get better if you "assume" they don't know anything?  Do you want the dealer to "assume" you know nothing?  

Not all dealers are the same. John Gerton at Gerton Auto sales and Haydocy are two of the great ones. They became great because they asked the questions of the factory and they learned. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Photomom, if I remember correctly, you are in W NY. Maybe PM @ChanWfor dealer recommendations.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Well, you're assuming that I haven't already spoken to a dealer and gotten feedback from previous purchasers. At $20K or so I'd prefer not to be someone's learning experience.
    Photomom - Not unique to LG, that's just life with any dealer chain product. Luckily, LG is more amenable to direct contact than most.

Since just about anything is customizable, make a list of the config/options you want... Front trim blue, back trim red, sidewalls white with pink polka dots, outback axel, outdoor shower, Orb freezer instead of fridge, etc ...then sit down with a dealer and have them price it out for you. It may be expensive and take a year but almost anything is possible.

Can't recall, have you been to a dealer with a wide selection of models so you can see what the standard options are and what may be easy to mix-match?
    If your dealer doesn't have a clue, ask if you can call the factory, together, that way it is a learning experience for both.  Make sure you get what you want. You might even check in with them part way through your build to make sure they have it right. I think anything custom should be signed off by the customer, to make sure that it is how they want it, and that same list should be signed off by the factory to make urea they did everything.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

We did get to see a CS-S and an S, both with the Max package and the front window. And I've seen a Max S without the front window. We know we want the Max S with a front window. There are just a few other things that I want. The dealer I talked to seemed okay and I have no qualms ordering from him.

We are both engineers and my husband also holds an MBA. We must have all our ducks in a row before making a decision, that's just the way we roll. When I buy a car or really anything else I research everything down to the last detail in advance. The nebulosity of "anything is customizable" without knowing what all the "anythings" are just doesn't sit well!
    Photomom said:
    We did get to see a CS-S and an S, both with the Max package and the front window. And I've seen a Max S without the front window. We know we want the Max S with a front window. There are just a few other things that I want. The dealer I talked to seemed okay and I have no qualms ordering from him.

We are both engineers and my husband also holds an MBA. We must have all our ducks in a row before making a decision, that's just the way we roll. When I buy a car or really anything else I research everything down to the last detail in advance. The nebulosity of "anything is customizable" without knowing what all the "anythings" are just doesn't sit well!
    It's not so much that they have a list as it is that they do their best to accommodate... of, course, at a cost.

What Jenn said - They're accomodating. I wouldn't doubt the only two things you couldn't touch is the frame and shell. It'd probably be quite expensive if you went nuts on changes though.

Glad to hear you found a dealer you feel you can work with. For some reason I was under the impression you hadn't found a dealer at all yet so that's good news :-)
    #2 - Call Alde, send them a pic and see what they say.
    Betting there are so many variations it'd take a library of vids and then nobody'd be able to figure out which applied to them. More mass confusion :-)
  • Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    I downloaded the Alde app.  I don't know if it has more or better info than the manual that came with our Tab Max, but it sure is nice and handy to have it on the iPhone.  After using the Alde now for a few months it seems much more intuitive than when we first got it.  My football coach was right;  practiced does help!
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    PXLated said:
    I'd like a 12v plug outside next to th ACs that are there.
    Put your own one in, I did.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V