Options

First foray with our T@b not so good!

2»

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    KAR said:
    . . .  is that the time you would hit the brake booster on the T@B? Or best to keep two hands on the steering wheel?

. . .  as the passenger I could have at least hit the emergency blinkers to alert the drivers behind us.
    For Brake Controller, IMHO keep hands on steering wheel.
    If one is pushing hard on the TV brake pedal the proportional output controller will have the trailer brakes on hard.  Let driver focus on any last minute steering needed to avoid more serious impact.

For Emergency Flasher.
    {{ suggest you test & verify your TV T@B set-up, the more fancy vehicles get
    it seems the basic electrical system changes }}
    Emergency Flasher could be helpful if TV is coasting, no brakes applied.  T@B has a basic tail light with turn & brake using the same bulb (LED set) which means when turning with turn signal on T@B only has one stop light.

Some TV might use the turn signal or the brake light as flasher while the T@B will flash it's combined turn brake light. When applying TV brakes (and turn signal off) the brake light voltage is On constant so the combined turn brake lights won't flash until the brake pedal is released.

On my T@B I've added a Center Mount third Brake/Stop light to make stopping more clear when also using turn signal.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E