Options

Valences, window frames and walls oh my!

Hi there T@bbers! I am putting together an order for a T@B (My first RV!) and am thinking ahead to decorating! While I love the T@B, I want to personalize it and make the interior more colorful. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.
One thing I would like to do is to free up wall space to hang (light weight) photos and art. Are the valences structural elements or can I order without to free up the space over the windows for display?
I also am wondering if the window frames are paintable. I would prefer a bright white which I think would go better with the color scheme I have in mind.
Has anyone here wallpapered the walls? If so, any caveats or tips you can share?
Thanks! I appreciate your input!
Julie

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I don't have window valances.  Dutchmen put them in some years and not others.  I have very lightweight things on my walls using 3M products.  They've been up over 5 years with no problem.  I know folks have painted their Dutchmen walls, but I'm not sure LG's walls are the same covering.  My window frame is plastic so I don't know about paint.  My curtains hide the sides anyway.  I have a swag over the top of the frame.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Oh, and congrats on your new T@B.  It can be quite the obsession!
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    sdpaddlebumsdpaddlebum Member Posts: 14
    JewelR said:

One thing I would like to do is to free up wall space to hang (light weight) photos and art. Are the valences structural elements or can I order without to free up the space over the windows for display?
    I also am wondering if the window frames are paintable. I would prefer a bright white which I think would go better with the color scheme I have in mind.

Julie
    Hi Jewel-
    I don't know for sure, but I'm sure that in the ordering process your dealer can tell you about whether the valances are structural or not (I'm betting not...they appear to have been applied after the walls are finished).

As for painting the window frames, since you are getting a new T@B, you will have the actual window frame covered by the frame for the window shade/screen assembly. You won't see the aluminum window frame except in the corners where the window is curved and the screen frame is square.

There are spray paint products specifically for plastic, in all colors. Home Depot and Lowes carry them. Your screen frames are assembled from four straight frame pieces into a rectangle and attached by four screws (one at each corner). Covering the joints and the screws at each corner is a little plastic corner piece. It just snaps on over the frame pieces and can be pulled off gently from the outside edge. Once you have one off, you could mask the outside and paint the inside to make sure the paint is going to adhere properly on that particular blend of plastic. That way if something doesn't work, you haven't wrecked the outside that would show.

Good luck with your new T@B. We have had ours about 6 weeks now and have already spent many hours making it "ours." It is  an obsession, for sure

Mitch
    Mitch & Cheryl; the Paddlebumz
    2015 T@B CS - silver and black..."W@ltzin' M@tilda"

• Options
    JewelRJewelR Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcome and helpful info TABaker, Mitch and Patti! I am indeed already T@B obsessed! I may need an intervention once I take delivery lol.
  • Options
    You might join the Facebook page (there are several others, too), and check out the window awning photos and instructions.  It sounds like something you might like to make.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/

• Options
    JewelRJewelR Member Posts: 3
    TABaker, love the awnings! Another thing on my ever- growing mod list!