Options

Considering purchasing a TAB S Sofitel -- Help Requested

2»

Comments

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Concerning the issue of the exterior of the Sofitel, it is my understanding the exterior is made of alumifiber as stated earlier. This is a great material made of aluminum sheeting permanently bonded to a fiberglass backing. This material is much more resistant to to impact damage than unreinforced aluminum of the same thickness, and does not stress crack with age as does plain fiberglass sheeting. So, if the info I got from the factory is correct, the Sofitel does indeed have an aluminum exterior. This is also the same material used on the roof of the SS model. 
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    tpurr02tpurr02 Member Posts: 49
    Yes, I purchased the Sofitel.  My dealer was Beckley's Camping in Maryland.  One thing I did was show my salesman the advertised Sofitel price from another dealer and he matched the price.  Good luck with your purchase!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think the exterior being aluminum, can almost be compared to being gold plated ot titanium coated versus being solid gold or solid titanium. There are some of the the benefits but not the strength. If it were solid aluminum, the T@b would be a lot heavier.

I know there is a guy who custom ordered a T@b with a roof mountrd a/c and I believe he is trying to sell his T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    tpurr02 said:
    Yes, I purchased the Sofitel.  My dealer was Beckley's Camping in Maryland.  One thing I did was show my salesman the advertised Sofitel price from another dealer and he matched the price.  Good luck with your purchase!
    Hi tpurr02 - Thanks for the update.  Just want to confirm if yours is Sofitel S - that has the wetbath.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    Yes, it was the s model with the wet bath.
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    tpurr02 said:

Tpur02 - Thanks.  I'm in Houston Austin area so Maryland may be too far.  Hope I can get reasonable price here.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    I believe a number of people on the forum have mentioned getting terrific deals from Princess Craft in Austin TX.  So, you may want to give them a try.  One question -- was the price you were quoted for a 2015 or 2016 model?   My Sofitel was a 2015.  Also, I bought my Sofitel at the beginning of the camping season.  My impression is that the Sofitel model ended up being very popular -- I don't think there are many Sofitels just sitting on dealer lots.  So, dealers may not need to give much on price because of demand.   Good luck!
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I ordered the Sofitel in late April and picked it up at the end of June from my dealer. It says it is a 2016. I bought it from General RV that had just started selling T@b's (I think mine was only the second one picked up at this dealership). I paid $22,000 out the door for the Sofitel S Max, to include the add a room tent (still awaiting that being shipped to me), the hitch and electric brakes installed on my TV, taxes, title and a 5 year extended warranty. They added a $50 certificate in their store as well as 10% additional off on any items bought the day I picked up the camper. I think I got a good deal on this. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois