Options

2017 Bathroom Light stays on after getting wet

We had an infestation of bugs tonight at the campsite and we normally just turn on the bathroom light let them congregate there and kill them off in hand to hand combat. Someone, in our small group of two, @dsatwork
 and @Sandiegogal, thought it would be better to employ a WMD in the form of a shower hose.  The genocidal efforts backfired, and now the light won't turn off and occasionally flickers. I would imagine that all will be back to normal once the housing dries out, but is there a way to turn it off or remove it to manually dry it out?
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited July 2018
    Send an email to tech@nucamprv.com and Creed will have an answer for you on how to dismantle the light to hasten the drying process. Elsie in Parts is option 2 on the phone system if you need a replacement. 

Note to self....do not spray water on bathroom light.... ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Well I realized that I could pull the little rubber button cover and once I did that, I was able to hit it with a hair dryer. After blasting it with the hot air  for a minute or two, the light started flickering and slowly shut off. I had to do that a couple of times, but the switch did start to operate normally. Now to get the little rubber cover back into place.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @dsatwork, I turned the Fantastic Fan on low and used a cordless Dustbuster to suck the bugs off the FF’s screen. It worked very well!  I think I got about 95% of them and the 5% were hiding in the cubby above the door....I haven’t figured that one out yet.....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Verna said:
    @dsatwork, I turned the Fantastic Fan on low and used a cordless Dustbuster to suck the bugs off the FF’s screen. It worked very well!  I think I got about 95% of them and the 5% were hiding in the cubby above the door....I haven’t figured that one out yet.....
    Nice approach and we bring a dust buster when travel too. Thanks for the idea.