Options

Drippity, Drip, Drip

Sink faucet developed a drip yesterday - not much but just enough to be irritating and needing to keep a towel under it while traveling. Anybody else had the problem and fixed it? Haven't fixed a faucet in years, usually just a rubber washer isn't it?

Comments

• Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Leaking in sink or under sink ? Still under warranty ? Many of the valves today are washer less so replacement might be easier... Just two hose connections. Are those tight ? Might be washers in those fittings also. Vibration is a constant enemy of any RV. Wide swings in temperature don't help either. Can you pinpoint leak at faucet ? Let us know. Plumbing fixtures in RV's always seem fragile to me. I know weight is an issue but a good ole sink faucet might last longer, and cost less...
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Yup, the water lines and the drain were leaking on ours. Dealer fixed it all right up under warranty. They had to retighten one of the PEX fittings, and re-putty the drain. This is somewhat common from what I hear on the board, and even with other brands of RVs.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Mine is still winterized but I have noticed antifreeze in the sink on a regular basis. I find this odd given the system is not under any pressure. I have assumed that it is redsiual liquid in the faucet neck and that changes is temperature etc. cause it to drip out. I guess the real test will be when I de-winterized and get to test out all of the systems. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Dripped for three days and then quit - Wierd.
    Sandra - Ya, that's the way it's set when I'm traveling - Only been in campgrounds with water twice in four months.