Options

Dealer Appearance Package

For our new T@B we'll be getting in a few weeks, the dealer noted an appearance package that is a coating to help protect the gel-coat. It's a white trailer and I know white paint can get black streaks and of course loss of gloss. I've owned two boats over the years and familiar with gel-coating and it's challenges. 

It has a 5 year warrant against ANY type of cosmetic fading, staining, loss of gloss, etc with no required maintenance. Any thoughts?
Bob
Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Can you share the cost? That would determine it for us. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    rjgorsrjgors Member Posts: 41
    jgram2 said:
    It's typically $89/ft, but getting it for $72/ft.
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Last questions: are there any reviews of its use on RVs and do you anticipate keeping the T@B 5 years? Or, for that matter, is the  warranty transferable with the title?  if my guesstimate of ~ $5000 is close, we wouldn’t go for it. That would pay for a lot of elbow grease and cleaning products.

I’m hoping someone here has real life experience with it for fact based recommendations.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    Ask them what it is. Might b a wrap, might just be wax.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Waste of money. The roof is painted aluminum so no gel coat. Just wax it once in while and it will last for years.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    jgram2 said:
    Last questions: are there any reviews of its use on RVs and do you anticipate keeping the T@B 5 years? Or, for that matter, is the  warranty transferable with the title?  if my guesstimate of ~ $5000 is close, we wouldn’t go for it. That would pay for a lot of elbow grease and cleaning products.

I’m hoping someone here has real life experience with it for fact based recommendations.
    Would we keep it 5 years? The probability is high. All of our vehicles are purchased new and driven until the wheels fall off. 

As for the transferable warranty, I’ll have to ask. Thanks!
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    rjgors said:
    jgram2 said:
    It's typically $89/ft, but getting it for $72/ft.
    Is that per linear foot or square foot?!

FWIW, I'm wrapping up my fourth season with my 2015. It sits outside year round, under a PahaQue cover between October and May. If I'm feeling energetic, I give it a half-hearted washing when I put it away in the fall, but I've never waxed it.

Despite what I'm sure some will see as abject neglect, the original finish still looks excellent. I'm pretty sure other parts are going to deteriorate long before the exterior shell. YMMV!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My T@B S Max sat outside year round, covered only at the end of the summer camping until I left for snow birding in December.

It was normally washed with Camco RV Wax & Wash as needed, the black streaks easily taken off by the $1 bottle of Awesome from Dollar General/Dollar Tree, waxed with nuFinish and it was still very shiny. What Awesome didn’t rub off (road grease and tar), nuFinish took care of. I think I could wax it every week for less than the cost of your dealer’s warranty.  

It’s always great to spend an afternoon in the sun making the T@B more shiny!  Just my opinion, YMMV..... 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Based on input from here, we opted not to go with it. You can buy a lot of cleaner for that price. Thanks for all the advice!
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S