Options

exterior rubber molding

Just noticed exterior rubber molding that joins roof to wall has separated on our '16 Outback. At its widest, the separation looks to be about 1/2 inch and runs for a few feet. In my opinion, 1/2 inch is too much to caulk. Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    If your referring to the small rubber moulding attached to the colored trim piece, it is cosmetic only. It does not seal anything and should not be caulked.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @denlatham Can you provide a photo?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    edited August 2018
    denlatham said:
    Just noticed exterior rubber molding that joins roof to wall has separated on our '16 Outback. At its widest, the separation looks to be about 1/2 inch and runs for a few feet. In my opinion, 1/2 inch is too much to caulk. Any ideas how to fix this?
    http://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/6652/rubber-seals-and-trim
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I have a spot of molding by the left rear turn signal.  Is that a caulking spot?  If so, I'd probably use some clear caulk for it to be less visible...

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    That looked a lot like mine. I have some lifting on the front and some like that on the back. I found that Shoe Goo and Goop for RV are seemingly identical products and both act like rubber cement. Even though I was told by NuCamp the rubber is not supposed to be glued to the trailer (just the inside track piece holding it in), I was able to get the goop inside the back pieces, and lay flat, tape them with blue tape, and remove 24 hours later and it worked. They now lay flat, glued to the trailer. Unfortunately, that did not work on the front section. It is still lifted, but not out of the track. To apply caulking or anything inside there would require a pointy tip; it sure is a mess otherwise.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5