Options

Missing Table!

I just bought my T@B, the previous owner got rid of the table, and now I cannot make up the bed. I have looked online, but I cannot find a replacement table or table top, at least. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Comments

• Options
    kimbobryantkimbobryant Member Posts: 5
    It's a 2008 Dutchmen, in case that's relevant!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @kimbobryant  Firstly, Welcome! Nextly, are there rails on the passenger and driver sides, just below the top of the top of the benches? Your best bet is to call Elsie in the Parts Dept of NüCamp and ask for a set of slats-and rails if your trailer doesn’t have them. She’ll get them to you quickly and it’s less than $40 if I recall correctly. The original table is heavy, somewhat awkward to use and took up too much floor space for us, so this is the route we went. Call nüCamp at 844.823.9112 x304 for Elsie.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    I should also mention we usually sleep in the twin bed configuration, so no need for slats for the full/queen sized bed support.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    edited August 2018
    +1 on the bed slats and rails. Many owners of earlier T@Bs just made their own--typically much nicer than those supplied by nuCamp (not that it particularly matters in this application).
    Here's a photo showing the rails jgram2 mentioned with a few slats installed. The slats can also double as a nice "coffee" table.  ;-)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    So helpful! Thank you! I don't have the U formation. I am attaching a pic. We plan to do queen, I honestly cannot figure out how the twin formation works! There were two of these little slat things, and the previous owner had one additional one cut. If I call NuCamp, would their product fit this hole?
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    Right! Looks like you might have a model with extra cabinets in the back. That would reduce some of the depth you have to work with and--as you have noticed--kinda' kills the twin bed option.
    With yours being an older Dutchman T@B, it's hard to say if the nuCamp kit would fit. Probably not exactly.
    If all you need are some more boards just go to your local hardware store or building supply place. If you bring the measurements, somebody there will probably even cut them to length for you if you aren't equipped to do that yourself.
    It doesn't appear you have the rail shown in my photo. Is there something under the cushion that keeps the existing slats from sliding and potentially falling out from under the bed?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Yes, there's a little rail under the cushions. 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    Are your back cushions in two pieces or just one piece? If they are split into two pieces you could make up a single bed. Maybe that's what the previous owner did? 
    And those boards don't really need to be pushed up against one another to support the cushions in the middle.  You can space them out a little bit. So you might only need 2 more boards of the same size to make the entire bed. That board in the middle almost looks like a small table top. Is there any kind of support for it? 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    The two on the end (closer to the cupboard) look like little table tops to me, and the third is a 1 1/4" piece of wood. The previous owner was a single, average sized lady who slept alone, but I have a 250 pound hubby!
  • Options
    @kimbobryant Your DM doesn’t have a back bench at all, right? I’d still call Elsie, explain your problem, and see if she can help in any way. Yeah, your DH (Dear Husband) would not enjoy sleeping on just one of the side benches. NüCamp is In Ohio, so it’s after business hours now, and it’s Friday, so-options-Wait for Monday, or measure between  those rails (the width of that space may change 1/4 to 1/2 an inch as you measure closer to the door, then go to a big box store and have some helpful person cut you some slats to fit. If you want to sand and finish them or paint them to pretty them up, that can happen later.