Options

Construction Method?

N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
edited February 2023 in Trailer & Towing
New here and still researching for potential purchase of a T@B 400. I have looked at one at the dealer and it looks like a viable option for two of us.

I have watched a bunch of factory tour videos and read a lot here and have a couple of questions about construction. The walls and flooring look to be solidly constructed, however I have not been able to see how the pre made walls are attached to the floor and or frame? I read or saw someplace that wood is placed inside the frame rails so items above can be screwed to the frame. That wood in the frame rail seems like a failure point over time, yes?

Any wood eventually could rot and if if it is a structural attachment point it seems that could be a future failure point?

It doesn't take much research to find tons of horror stories about the failure of wood in RV's even the DM tabs fail in the wood floor and many wood framed RV's are junk the day they are new due to water intrusion.

Surely NuCamp has taken means to make the foundation solid, but I am not seeing how in my research, anybody know how the walls are attached to the "alleged" wood in the frame and how that wood is protected?
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite

Comments