Options

Insurance Coverage

T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
edited April 2022 in Trailer & Towing
In a little over two weeks, we will pick up our new T@B at the dealership and are anticipating many adventures with it and perhaps meeting some of you out on the road or at a gathering.   Given the "breakdowns" that some have reported recently on this forum, I'm concerned about what kind of insurance coverage I should obtain for the T@B and where is the best place to get that coverage.   Do most car and homeowner policies provide adequate coverage or is it better to go with something like Good Sam's Club?    If I go with my car and homeowner's company, what are the necessary items that should be included?

Thanks for all the good input provided on this forum, I've already learned a lot!
2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I went with my car insurance company. They wrote a separate policy for my Silver Shadow. The agent was able to look on the Internet for similar Little Guy SS's, and wrote the policy based on info in the ad I bought her from. I also highly recommend AAA+RV because they will send two wreckers if needed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Thanks!   The quotes I have received thus far are similar in price.   I just have to compare the fine print to see which one offers the better coverage.

2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I have the Progressive policy, too, and I think it's very comprehensive.  I have towing on my Progressive policy for my T@B, and I have towing on my auto insurance for my car (not Progressive).  I also have the Good Sam Roadside Assistance plan, so I hope I am covered.  :-??
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Made a trip to Camping World today, and as I was checking out, the guy told me they had an in-store deal on Good Sam Roadside Assistance for $59.00, so I added that to the total.  My auto insurance does not cover towing, so now I shouldn't have to leave T@B on side of the road if something happens.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I just recently upgraded AAA tot he plus RV, cost $42, but now the T@Bpole is covered for towing and other services if we run into a problem on the road.  I also have it on my auto insurance.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    One thing I encourage you all to also consider is your personak effects. The policy I purchased included $5k replacement cost personal effects, similar to (although a lower limit) to my homeowners. Clothes, electronics, coffee pots, silverware... these things add up, and in the event of a theft or fire, etc.... could be pricey to replace over time. Something to consider.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful.