Options

Jensen issue

leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
edited October 2015 in Products and Accessories
On my first outing I wanted to try out the Jensen DVD player. While it works I get white lines scrolling from top to bottom. Call to dealer got me advice to make an appointment. Since it is 2 1/2 hours away I thought I would seek help here. HELP! All I have done is jiggle wires into the tv.
Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

You might try pulling the head unit out of the cabinet and looking for loose connections.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah will try that held in by 4 square head screws. Since they are ser deep my driver will net work. Passing be aware soon will pick up there
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Member Posts: 20
    So we found one night we had the light over the sink on while playing a DVD and had the same problem.Turning the light off made the problem go away.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    A DVD head cleaning disk might solve it - could be a speck of something on the laser.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    SusanB said:
    So we found one night we had the light over the sink on while playing a DVD and had the same problem.Turning the light off made the problem go away.

How interesting. I forgot I had that light for several months. When I remembered that I had it, I noticed it seemed to have a larger power draw than other lights.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I have had almost the same problem, when the sound is on thru the speakers, it causes white lines running thru the screen. I hardly ever have the light on so I haven't noticed that being a source of the lines. It didn't happen so much with just the TV, mostly when the DvD player was in use.  I had my salesman, Eric at little guy San diego find out if this was a common problem and what we could do about it. He spoke to Scott, Ed and Marvin at the factory, I didn't get the impression this was an unusual problem. They sent another jensen unit directly to my house and they found someone fairly close to replace the unit for me in a couple of weeks. I also had the wall by the front door wallpaper bubble in a few spots. They are fixing it as well, no hassles. One of the main reasons I bought a T@B vs other little trailers was the reputation of Little Guy and how they back their product. I can honestly say they don't disappoint. My dealer, little guy in San Diego and my salesman Eric are always willing to help you out. Scott, Ed and Marvin from the factory are always willing to go the extra mile to make T@B owners happy with their trailers. Thank you guys. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    All ya'll are great! Turned off sink light & overhead and helped a lot. Will do it all. Will buy cleaning disk and if all else fails will call factory. Thanks for great ideas.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Not an electrical guru but if the light can cause the interference, it almost sounds like shielding problem.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking PX. I'm no electronics guru but the power supply to the light goes into.the cabinet that holds the DVD player. When I return from this little trip will find out how I can shield the cables.
  • Options
    rverginiarverginia Member Posts: 21
    Mine does that if I use the built in USB chargers. 
    Bob and Pam, Martha Lake, Washington 2015 T@B Q M@xx PorT@Bella, Mercedes GLK-350, Shitake the Kayak, and our bikes - Chan and trelle.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2015
    I would probably speak to the people at radio shack as they have devices for eliminating any RF bleed-off via grounds that are hooked into the same circuits used for many of the items we use in the trailers.  The problem is more acute on 12 volt DC circuits according to some of the articles I've read and could be from a multitude of things.  I do know that this is an ongoing issue and is not limited to the T@B units, as I get this same thing in my vehicle when I plug in my iPhone cable.  I noticed this in other vehicles too...... Radio and TV interference from solar equipment and many DC operated items, especially fluorescent lights and solar charge controls is a growing problem. As more and more things "go digital", the amount of RF noise pollution is getting worse. FI/EMI noise radiated from DC and solar equipment can cause noise problems in AM radios, cell phones, cordless phones, TV/FM and sometimes in other electronic equipment.

You might want to try a filter on the line and see if that helps out.  They do have a magnetic ferrite noise suppression filter that basically snap on over cables and is effective in minimizing these effects.  Radio Shack does have them.  It'd be worth a try!  

CellCase Black 15Pcs 5mm inner Diameter Magnetic Ferrite Core Cord RFI EMI Noise Suppressor Cable Clip
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ