Options

Bought a Microwave

Yesterday at Sam's Club I found a great deal on a microwave. It appeared to be just the right size. So I brought one home. After creating a special pad/cushion I set the new purchase on top of the existing stove. Then I sat back and stared at it, all the while thinking..."This just Ain't Right" It kinda ruins the camping ambiance. So, I'm off to Sam's to return it
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
    LOL
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2018
    @BogieMeister, might not be the "appropriate camping ambience ", but for us, it is a lifesaving necessity.  Our boys are now 12 &13. Eating machine age. I can't imagine not having that nuker when they've come back from adventuring screaming "I'm hungry!", and me telling them, to wait while I preheat the grill, make up some burgers, cook and serve them. 1 minute in the MW, a squirt of ketchup and mustard and some carrot sticks, and I'm the best mom ever. At that point, I'm also one of the happiest, cuz they're fed, content and relaxed, soon ready to adventure again. Ambience? No, but a means to sanity, peace and quiet, yep. And the memories! Seeing their eager faces shining in the glow cast by an in use microwave, priceless!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    I very much appreciate your situation and the necessity of quick meals. I, on the other hand am enjoying retirement, and don't get in much of a hurry for anything. Except, of course, arriving on time to get the senior discount at a local restaurant.  :)
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
    2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
    Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @BogieMeister, we are past retirement age, but not retired yet, as the boys have to be raised. Never having had children, the arrival of grand nephews on our doorstep 11 years ago was a precious gift, and overwhelming culture shock. The differences between you and us, on the same life journey is what gives life its spice and flavor. Save us a spot at the restaurant and we'll swap stories of our t@b travels sometime. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JonWJonW Member Posts: 37
    I understand the feeling about camping, but if you use your T@B primarily for travel it's a nice convenience.

For both uses you might want to check out getting a thermal cooker, which is like a non-electric crock pot.  You put your recipe in it in the morning and it "cooks" all day.  Here's the one I have.

JonW - 2018 T@B 320U
    Marlborough, Mass
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2018
    Here's a great article on thermal cooking -- https://theboatgalley.com/thermal-cooker/
    I don't have one (yet) but it seems like the most efficient way to cook rice and beans, potatoes, etc., especially when off-the-grid. 
    You can be gone for hours while your meal cooks without using any electricity or propane.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)