Options

Automatic bleeder valve??

my Alde won’t heat on propane as I get an airlock error. My book says it has an auto bleeder valve? Or else it hasbleeder screws. Problem is, where are they? My main complaint with this unit is no “ map” !!
i might be able to bleed the glycol if I knew where the glycol tank and the screws or valves are. 2018 320 Boondock Lite. It’s not in the bath compartment behind the toilet unless it’s a grey canister which is also a mystery. Anyone?
2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
2018 Nissan Frontier
Kennebunk, ME USA

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498

The glycol reservoir is located behind a removable panel on the driver side.
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6085/how-to-get-to-glycol-expansion-tank

The Alde glycol line is supposed to self bleed.  You said you can not heat on LPG, what about on electric?

If you can heat on electric, but not on LPG, close your propane tank, then open it slowly.  Light the stove and make sure air is out of the LPG line.  Then try to start the Alde on LPG with the battery cut off switch turned on.

See above diagram for location of bleeder valve.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    edited September 2018
    Try this:

Also there is a bleeder valve for the glycol under the passenger side rear bench seat.  If you look in the left most corner where the tear-drop starts to go up you'll see a bleeder screw.

Persistent Air Lock If air lock persists, try the following: Single-axle trailers:

1. Stop the circulation pump.
    2. Lower the front of the trailer as far as possible. Leave it in this position for a few minutes to allow the air to travel upwards in the heating system.
    3. Open the bleeder screw at the highest point. Leave it open until it discharges glycol fluid.
    4. Raise the front of the trailer as far as possible and repeat the procedure in this position.
    5. Position the trailer horizontally and start the circulation pump.
    6. Check that the pipes and convectors around the vehicle are heating up.
  • Options
    Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    I’ll try that. The Alde appears to light on propane OK, the button turns green in the digital display, but then it gets the red error saying there’s air in the glycol line. I’m not seeing what’s in the pictures but will have to look more carefully and post pics. 
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • Options
    Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    I found the Alde—(I have to say, my salesperson was a dud who no longer works for the dealership, and he said things like, you’ll never use the heater, so no worries. I truly didn’t know that seat even came up.)

And sure, i’ve been on the road since late June and should have checked this out before the sub-freezing nights began, but I didn’t.

I have located the main appliance and see some of the items in the diagram. The auto bleeder on top that has apparently not done it’s job (no adjustments possible on this?), the circulation pump, the hot water stopcock and drain. I haven’t pried away the panel at the back to uncover the glycol reservoir. I’m not clear on whether there is an adjustment screw on it. I also haven’t found a screw in the bottom left corner but will look again. I assume if I find a screw that looks like it’s an adjustment screee I loosen it until glycol comes out then tighten again. 

Or or perhaps I find a NuCamp dealer on the road? 
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • Options
    While you are there, check the setting on the circulation pump.  It usually is set at 2.  We turned ours down to 1.5 - helps eliminate noise from the glycol reservoir.  The control on the Alde digital display does not alter the pump speed.  You must do it manually.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    If it were me, the first thing I'd check would be the level in the glycol reservoir - easiest and most telling.

Just a suggestion... 😎
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @Chan, I agree.  @Jaxie985, please first check to make sure you have adequate glycol in the reservoir.  If your Alde is trapping air because the reservoir is empty, it does you no good to mess with the bleeder valve before you add glycol.  If it is empty, you will need to pick up some glycol on the road, too.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2018
    @Chan, I agree.  @Jaxie985, please first check to make sure you have adequate glycol in the reservoir.  If your Alde is trapping air because the reservoir is empty, it does you no good to mess with the bleeder valve before you add glycol.  If it is empty, you will need to pick up some glycol on the road, too.
    Yes. And (sorry to say, @Jaxie985, you should probably figure out why you're losing glycol!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Jaxie985 said:
    I finally got the problem fixed. The glycol reservoir was at the right level. I’d tried the technique of raising and lowering the front of the trailer, too. Yesterday I begged (literally) a service manager at a dealership 3000 miles from home to look st it. The water mixing valve was turned all the way off, not allowing water into the jacket area that heats it and the red overheated issue was coming from that. After adjusting it he took the black cover off the top and removed the negative terminal, waited a minute, then replaced it. Voila! Heat and hot water. 
    I know this thread is a few months old, but can anyone post a pic of where this "water mixing valve" is located?  From the sounds of what Jaxie is saying it must be close to the Alde?   TIA!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    If you have a 320 S, it is located under the driver side bench by the Alde.  If you have a 320 CS, it is located in the area under the galley sink.  Older model TaBs may have a different knob and plumbing.  Not sure where the TaB 400 mixer is located.

Sharon

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    Here is a thread with pictures and descriptions.  Your valve may not exactly be in the same spot, but they all look the same.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Thank you pthomas!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The mixing valve on the T@B 400 is inside the cargo door on the driver’s side, easily accessed from the cargo door. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594

Automatic Air Bleeder = General Reference

I recently asked Adle Technical Support to clarify the Automatic Air Bleeder operation.
    Here are some helpful facts.

Question - 1 -:  The User Manual briefly states N.A. units have the automatic air vent installed
              however there is no additional information on how it works.

Answer - 1 -:  The auto air bleeder has a float that operates a needle valve. If air is in the system
             the float lowers and the air is bled out. There is a hose that attaches to this and is directed
             through the floor. For proper operation this hose should not be pinched and the hose outlet
             under the vehicle should be clear of debris.

Question - 2 -:  Do the 'Persistent Air Lock' tips for Single -axle trailers apply/work/help when
             the automatic air vent is installed ?
                    { reference manual V-3020 XX Rev XXXX,  page-13 }

Answer - 2- Part one:  My read of tech support answer; Yes, procedure might help clean air locks.

Answer - 2 - Part two:  Longer tech support description.
          An Alde system is not always installed the same way in every vehicle. Some installations may
         have multiple elevation changes, meaning there may be convectors mounted at different heights
         and piping runs that are lower. This is why you cannot drain all the coolant just by opening the
         drain valve. This can also allow air to be trapped in certain areas. By manipulating the vehicle
         position this may allow the trapped air to move in the piping to an area where a bleed valve is
         located.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+