Options

Propane Hose bracket behind tub dropped from trailer wall.

I was cleaning my trailer after a recent trip, and discovered the bracket that holds the propane hoses from the tank toward the inside of the Tab separated from the wall behind the tub.  It was hanging by one loose screw, and I pulled it away from the wall (tank is closed!)

The holder is attached to the trailer with two screws, one which is now missing.  There is a soft gasket-like material on both surfaces that I assume helps keep water out.

Here is the remaining screw.  I am hardware-knowledge limited, but I guess this is a self tapping screw, and the debris is the foam inside the Tab's walls. 

Are those correct guesses?  So, I need to know what the gasket material might be, and the size of the screw.  And, by replacing the gasket and the screws, should those fixes hold the regulator and hoses up?  Or, worse case, is there a bracket behind the diamond plate that needs to be fixed?

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    I am interested in the answers too as I just installed dual 6 volt golf cart batteries and had to take off the propane regulator bracket to get the batteries in. Now I have to remount the bracket somewhere else.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    @pthomas745 said:
    Here is the remaining screw.  I am hardware-knowledge limited, but I guess this is a self tapping screw, and the debris is the foam inside the Tab's walls. 

Are those correct guesses? 
    I recently had to remove/mount the Battery Cut-Off Switch and it used the same screw as you have pictured.  My guess on what's what is the same as yours.

For the Battery Switch, I just used some white caulking to reseal.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    I recently relocated mine. Yes, they are self-tapping Robertson head screws. AFAIK there is no backing plate.
    I reattached mine with two fresh screws and 3M 4200 adhesive/sealant. I also used the 4200 to fill the existing holes. That's a bit of overkill, but I had a tube of it open so that's what I used.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    @Marceline thanks for your help!

So, did this set of screws just work themselves loose like the other screws in the trailer do?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    Happened to me too. Used slightly larger screws and adhesive. Has held for several months.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    @Marceline thanks for your help!

So, did this set of screws just work themselves loose like the other screws in the trailer do?
    No. I had to move mine because I got a different propane cover. I have a 2013 CS and the screws were still attached when I took them out. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab