Options

Western tour rv park recommendations?

Hi Folks!  My husband and I are planning a trip out west in our new t@b 400, planning to do the circle from Moab (Arches, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde) the South rim Grand Canyon, and Zion & Bryce.  Does anyone have recommendations for rv parks in these areas...hoping to stay several days in each area?  We are also meeting my daughter and her family of 5 out there and it would be nice if the campground had something like tent camping/cabin/lodge?  Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Google RV parks Moab...quite a few.  Check out Moab Valley RV, north of town on the river...it meets your criteria!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    For Monument Valley, go ahead and reserve at the RV Park just outside of the park, Gouldings, unless you want to try a hand at boondocking, at Valley of the Gods, just a short drive up the road in Bluff. 

I really loved Kodachrome Basin State Park, about 30-45 minutes outside of Bryce. It is about 1/2 of the way between Escalante and Bryce, has full hook-ups, and is a pretty little park, itself.

I have stayed at Moab Valley RV Park. It has a little road noise, but if during AC season, you will not notice. It is very convenient to Arches.

Hovenweep, down the road from Mesa Verde has a nice little campground, but I think it is dry camping, with pit toilets.

The Watchamn Campground in Zion is nice and has electric sites, but reservations fill quickly, so book early.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    At Bryce, we always stay at Ruby's Inn Campground. It is just outside the park and has a shuttle stop for the park shuttle service. Very handy as parking spots can be very hard to find at many stops. Lots of amenities around the campground. We usually get up in the AM and drive to the farthest lookout points (the shuttle doesn't go to them) then go back to the CG and catch the shuttle to the closer ones. They have a nice bike path that goes from the CG to some of the closer lookout points. Cool thing is you bypass the front gate when you do this so no entry fee. 
    For the Grand Canyon, consider staying in Williams and riding the train in to the Grand Canyon. You avoid the parking hassles.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    JanetnuckollsJanetnuckolls Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all so far...I will start my research! Great ideas!