Options

chirping noise

I am getting a chirping sound in my T@B CS max.  It started after winterizing.  I put a charged battery in and after a few days the display on the Jensen radio went dark.  When connected to towing vehicle showed 13.4v charging.  Battery read 12.8 v.

i have taken the battery out for the winter and chirping is still happening.   Is there a battery in the co/ smoke detector?  How would I change it.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @G_and_S, @leenscottfl’s smoke detector chirped due to it’s dying battery. If that doesn’t solve the chirp, search on “chirp” in the upper right search field until someone offers their real life stories, lots of threads and not many about birds.🙃
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And-Welcome to the forum!
    Judi 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2018
    Not sure what year your Tab is, but there's no battery in our CO/propane detector (mounted near the floor on the passenger side bench seat).

There is a battery in the smoke detector (mounted up near the air conditioner).

The smoke detector usually comes off of its mounting bracket with a slight turn to the left. And then the battery door is accessible on the back of the detector.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    G_and_SG_and_S Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. It is a 2015. I will check the smoke detector.  The sound is typical of a house smoke detector.