Condensation in Cool weather

2»

Comments

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 738
    edited November 2020
    So on our second cold night (only got to 35 this time)...I left the fantastic vent open 1" with the variable speed upgraded fan on the lowest settings blowing into the camper (and this low setting is much slower than the three speed fan settings), and left the bath vent in the open position, but off.
    I also reduced the Alde temp to 50 from the previous nights 70.

This resulted in no visible moisture in the interior anywhere that I could find. And that is in contrast to dripping water from the fantastic fan the night before.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Well tried pool noodles propping the galley doors open...the cabin was well ventilated as we had no condensation inside the trailer but inside the galley was wet and dripping onto the cabinets. For the record we're talking a wide range of temps..inside the cabin around 65*F and outside temps are around 28*F. We'll be driveway camping again this week and will try well ventilated cabin, keep galley pass thru doors closed and trying a USB fan in the galley. I do expect to see some only because of the temp variance but hopefully not dripping (running) down the cabinetry.
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,673
    @ontheroad - I wonder if any other 2021 CSS owners are having galley condensation problems?  Have you communicated with anyone from nuCamp regarding this issue?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @Sharon_is_SAM..appears every clamshell owner (regardless of year) deals with this..I was expecting some..and yes we may be contributing to some of it with our "experiments". NuCamp is aware of it, but I will be following up with them and our dealer after our last night of driveway camping, time to put her to sleep. 
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,568
    ontheroad said:
    @Sharon_is_SAM..appears every clamshell owner (regardless of year) deals with this..I was expecting some..and yes we may be contributing to some of it with our "experiments". NuCamp is aware of it, but I will be following up with them and our dealer after our last night of driveway camping, time to put her to sleep. 
    I don’t often camp in sub-freezing temps but when I have, I’ve had some condensation on the hinge inside the galley. It’s been so infrequent that I haven’t worried about it. I just wipe it down first thing in the morning. OTOH I’ve often experienced heat building up in the galley when running the fridge with the hatch closed. I’ve been considering installing vents in the galley sidewalls and I think that this would help with both issues. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,673
    I guess we have not spent enough time in very cold temperatures to notice any memorable galley condensation.  Keep us posted regarding your results with the USB fan.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @Sharon_is_SAM...last night was the night...inside trailer temps were about 60*F...outside..somewhere around 32*F...should have paid more attention to our weather station before leaving the house...1window notched, ceiling vent cracked, pass this closed up and USB fan plugged in and started. Went out about 1 hour later and condensation had already started...so off went the USB fan. I actually think it was speeding up the process. I believe the extreme temps are causing it, we just never experienced it with the T@g, or at least not to this level, but we really never cold weather camped in her except Texas this past January, and there is the air barrier in the T@g that the T@b doesn't have. Still a clamshell lover and glad we made the transition to her!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ontheroad, it would be helpful to nüCamp’s R&D department to see your daily results. I’ll PM you a name to make sure the info goes where it should go, unless you already have a specific person. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    @verna will do.. it's been an interesting experiment, which is helping us understand what not to do in cool weather...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada