Options

Alde Noise

BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
We had to use the heat for temps down in the 40's this week.  I kept hearing intermittent noise from the closet where the Alde reservoir is located.  Not quite a clicking sound and not quite a gurgle.  Is this normal?
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes, that's the first thing I checked.  Bought the 400 new in February and this is the second time we have used the heat. The circulation pump is set on 3 if that matters.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Turn the circ pump level back to 2.  I ran at 3 a time and it circulates and causes the gurgling sound.  Back at 2, no problem.  Around 29 trips so far and 40's this week.  We have used the Alde heat quite a few times.  We seem to actually get too warm at night and I have been changing things to help that.  This last trip, I had all 3 windows opened to the security setting (first notch on the latch) and the roof vent in the shower and cabin open.  We keep the shower roof vent open except when towing.  The lettering for the open/ close for the shower vent is hard to read so I hi lighted with a marker the lettering, open and closed.  Makes it easier to know when it is open.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    thanks Atlas, I will give that a try  I marked my bathroom fan too and leave it open all the time.  I will crack a couple of Windows next time it gets below 48. We did get warm when it got down to 40 and kept kicking off the covers.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama