Options

TV/Battery/Fridge

Does anyone here tow with a 2016 4 runner?  Would like to know if I can tow with refrigerator on.  
2017 320-S

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    @Tea - Judi replied to your other post.  She tows with a 4 runner and avoids using the frig on 12 volts.  See below.

jgram2 

Associate Member
    @Tea We have the 3 way fridge-propane, 12V, 110 in our T@B, and never use the battery for it because it’s a hog, drawing ~3 amps/hr. While propane is very efficient, we don’t use it under tow due to state laws and perhaps an excess of caution We just turn it on in our driveway on shore power 24 hours before we leave, put a 1/2 gallon of frozen water in, and don’t open the door while traveling. Our small cheap cooler contains our traveling food and beverages. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘06 V8 4Runner
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Tea There are several 4runner TVs on the forum. Hopefully someone else will chime in!
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    TeaTea Member Posts: 41
    Thank you Judi and Sharon.  Wasn’t sure if the later model 4runners We’re the same.  Unfortunately my driveway is not level enough to run the fridge.  
    2017 320-S
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Have you tried using blocks or an Anderson leveler?  Have you run the frig on propane at all?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAM.  No I haven’t tried blocks or Anderson (which I do own). Too steep. Would be a safety issue.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  I have not yet run the fridge on propane.  Would it not have to be level for that?  
    2017 320-S
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Alternatively, can you raise the wheel jack, or maybe remove the wheel, on blocks to get the trailer level? Yes, the T@B needs to be level for the fridge to function on propane.
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Jgram2,  thank you.  That would help but due to the steepness I need to have the camper hitched to TV for safety and so my HOA knows camper is not “stored” on my driveway.  
    2017 320-S