Options

2014 Little Guy T@B M@X S question

Hello all--Does anyone know if the 2014 Tab Max S has the Aldi for heat or a regular forced air furnace?

Anyone with a 2014 that can add any information as to what's different from the newer ones?

TIA:)
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We have the (September 2013) early 2014.

They had just started installing the Alde in ours. Ours even came with a hole in the side where the normal exhaust for the forced air furnace would have been.

So, it could be either way.

Sorry, no help!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Well, actually that WAS some help, cause now I know that during that time frame some were built with the Alde and some not.. and I know to ask that question from the sellers.

Anything else that you know of that is different from the newer ones?

Thanks!
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    If it has an Alde system would it not also have an Alde control panel on a wall somewhere?
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    It would be the analog panel in your case, not the digital. The digital panels were started in very late 2015, early 2016, and have been standard since then.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited November 2018
    @Ikc001, there are many other improvements and changes that have been incorporated since then also. There are now tank (fresh, gray, black) level (fullness) monitors. Along with a battery charge (state of) monitor. The way the alde transfers its heat into the cabin by way of venting has been improved. Battery shut off switches are standard. The norcold 3-way refrigerator models have been changed. The lagun table is standard since the 2017 models. Front windows are standard now, it was only an option then. Was the front window fixed or did it open? A question to ask.

Many owners have kept pace with these upgrades by additional venting in the cabinetry, post purchase lagun and battery switch installation, conversion to the digital alde control et al. All of these changes and upgrades can be done with only moderate DIY skill levels, time and some cash. But these are a few of the other questions I would ask a seller.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz, one of my first mods I did I was to change out the analog panel to the digital panel  in my 2014 T@B S Max. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Ikc001, I'd also ask how many miles are on the trailer, have the tires been replaced, when was the last time the bearings were serviced and how often the brakes were checked and/or replaced.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm not sure how the Alde venting has been changed, except that now I believe there is no left-hand bench radiator, where ours has left, right, and rear radiators. We open the back lid to let the heat flow out easily, which has the added benefit of keeping the blankets off the rear 'vent'.

Also, ours came with hydraulic surge brakes, not electric, (but also not the old fashioned mechanical surge brakes either). They changed to electric in 2014 too. I actually think I prefer the hydraulic brakes to electric.

There have been many improvements over these 4 years, but all relatively easy to add. (Supplemental 'waste heat' exhaust fan in the three-way fridge enclosure. Small exhaust fan in the A/C enclosure)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Our 2015 had the gas lines resting on the fridge fins problem. Was that in any 2014s?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Not ours. I think that was a production error...
    jgram2 said:
    Our 2015 had the gas lines resting on the fridge fins problem. Was that in any 2014s?

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options

:o
    . . . and here I thought I was getting closer to a decision---hahahaaaa!    Just kidding. . .thank you all so much for all the great information.  Sounds like MUCH has changed and I am definitely going to have to take all of this into consideration.  Being informed as much as possible is always a good thing.

I'll have to make another pros & cons list of "must haves".

Woohoo!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I have a 2017 320 MaxS. With all the pre-2017 forum posts I read about the norcold venting change I’m very happy with my 2017 with the fins on the right side and vents on the passenger side vs the fins left and vents in front. The issue seemed to be that the front vented fridges created very hot countertops. My side venting fridge doesn’t do this. I guess the flip side of getting a 2014 is you get to modify it to your hearts content, just like the rest of us.  =) Good luck with your decision. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Homebody-- I found a used 2017 320 S Max that from pictures show fins on the passenger side & two round vents on the front between center & passenger side.  Are you saying that yours is different?  Do all the 320 SMax with the vents like i have described are having problems with the fridge?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited November 2018
    @lkc001, I have a 2015 with the older (front vented) fridge. I do not believe there is any problem with the fridge itself, it's just that heat buildup on the counter can increase cabin temperatures. Depending on your circumstances, that may or may not be a good thing...  ;-)
    There is a thermostatically controlled fan that moves air over the fridge's cooling fins when needed. nuCamp also provided a free retrofit kit that includes an additional manually switched fan to help exhaust heat out from under the counter. I installed mine myself, but I think they became standard on later models before the fridge was changed.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Ditto, what @ScottG said. 

It took a bit of experimentation, but I was able to put in some foam board insulation as baffles, and the waste-heat exhaust fans, which reduced the countertop heat to tolerable.

We have a switch on the fans, to be able to keep the heat inside the Tab in the cooler months, as a second source of heat for the kitchen!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Great info— thank you all—have any of you that did the fix for the fridge heat posted your fix here with instructions or pics?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    lkc001 said:
    Great info— thank you all—have any of you that did the fix for the fridge heat posted your fix here with instructions or pics?
    If you use the search function in the upper RH corner you'll find a lot of info on this fix.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I posted some pix of the baffling I installed. Not sure. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    heh! must be, @jgram2

I guess the photo I didn't post was one of the baffling.

Oh well...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Great info & instruction🤗thanks all
    Woohoo!