Options

Water Tank Locations and Dimensions

I was re-watching a TAB 400 production line video and see that the black tank is located directly under the toilet and above the floor.  However, I cannot determine where the fresh water tank or the gray tank is located.  Does anyone know?  Are they mounted under the floor between the frame rails?  I don't see that they could be mounted above the floor anywhere.  It seems logical that the fresh tank might be mounted transversely aft of the axle between the frame rails just below the fresh water fill port.  The gray tank would probably be transversely mounted just forward of that next to the gray tank dump valve.  Does anyone know for sure?
On a related note, the factory brochure states the base tongue weight is 390 lbs and the "wet" tongue weight is 400 lbs.  What does the "wet" weight entail?  Is it just a full fresh water tank or does it mean full fresh, black, and gray tanks?  or something else entirely?  I expect the wet weight would also include a full propane tank.

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    . . .  determine where the fresh water tank or the gray tank is located.  Does anyone know?  Are they mounted under the floor between the frame rails?

Yes, black water tank is 'above the floor'.

Yes, fresh and grey tanks are 'below the floor'

This picture (chassis upside down during tank mounting) shows the Grey Tank {under red tool caddy} and the white Fresh Tank waiting to be installed.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/92705#Comment_92705

. . . base tongue weight is 390 lbs and the "wet" tongue weight is 400 lbs.  What does the "wet" weight entail?  Is it just a full fresh water tank or does it mean full fresh, black, and gray tanks?  or something else entirely?

Comparing different NüCamp data sources found this:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @MuttonChops Great picture, thanks.  Looks like the two tanks are side by side (or fore and aft, actually) but are in front of the axle.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2018
    edit: like @MuttonChops' chart shows...

I don't think "wet weight" includes water in tanks...

I had the impression it was only the 'more permanent' items like the battery and the full propane tank. 

I think it's unusual to travel with full black, grey, or fresh tanks, so I doubt they would be included in that spec.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @ChanW If you are boondocking you might have to travel at least some distance with all three tanks at least partially full.  I'm sure the "wet" weight includes propane.  Since the battery is a more-or-less permanent installation I would expect it would not be included.  It seems to me that "wet" weight would include full expendables like the propane and water tanks.  With those items empty we would be back to the "base" (as delivered from the factory) weight.
    The fresh tank, since it is very near the axle probably affects tongue weight very little.  The gray tank being farther forward would have a greater effect but it is smaller.  The black tank, even farther forward, would have the greatest effect, but it is smaller than the gray tank. 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited December 2018
    @falcon1970, wet weight includes battery and propane. It does not include water in the tanks. The "as delivered" weight to the dealer includes the spare tire and empty front tub. The dealer adds their battery and propane bottle of choice. They also add a 30 amp electrical cord of their choosing also. There was a previous thread about this subject which included what equipment came with the t@b, and the definition of dry and wet weights. I believe the definitive answers came from nüCamp.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.