Options

TAB400 Water Questions

falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
On a TAB 400, does the fresh water tank fill when city water is connected?  If you are filling the fresh water tank from the port on the side is there an overflow port or will the water just gush back out of the infill port?

Comments

• Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2018
    It does not fill up when city water is connected. Water will just gush back out of the port when overfilled. I can hear mine approaching the top of the tank.
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    I had the check valve in my water pump go bad and it was wrongfully filling the fresh water tank.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    On a TAB 400, does the fresh water tank fill when city water is connected?  If you are filling the fresh water tank from the port on the side is there an overflow port or will the water just gush back out of the infill port?
    As noted, no, the city water connection allows water to flow into the 400 when a hose is attached to it and BigGrover's bad pump check-valve is a first as this is the first one I have read about.  So if you've hooked up to the city water port with a hose and had water gushing out you most like have the same thing happening as noted by BG.

Normally what you will encounter when adding water in via the fresh water fill port is that "water will gush back" when air inside the FW tank forces incoming water back as the tank is nearing it's fullest level.  Some of us call this "burping the T@B" if you will as it almost seems like wave action inside the tank as water seems to burp back up and out of the tank during the fill process.  When this happens all you need to do is let it calm down and stop.  Once it does stop you will now be able to top-off and fill the FW tank (to capacity) by continuing to add water into the tank, until it over flows out the fill point and down the side of the trailer.   

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    There was anther post about another having a bad check valve and his FW tank filled and H2O was acually running out the filler hole of the tank.  
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    . . . does the fresh water tank fill when city water is connected? 

Except for the ADLE System providing Cabin Heat and Hot Water our T@B plumbing is a standard RV configuration.  Sometimes a diagram helps to understand:
    As others have stated Fresh Water Tank only fills from the City Water Inlet if the one-way-valve at the Water Pump fails (believe valve is built into our pumps).
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Muttonchops, nice diagram.  And the check valve is in the pump.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    BigGrover said:
    Muttonchops, nice diagram.
    Stole it off the Web.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Nice grab and should really help Glider
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    BigGrover said:
    I had the check valve in my water pump go bad and it was wrongfully filling the fresh water tank.
    @BigGroverDid you need a new pump or could you clean or replace the valve?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    JeffroNC said:
    BigGrover said:
    @BigGroverDid you need a new pump or could you clean or replace the valve?
    We had the same issue on our 320.  City connection with a regulator would fill the fresh water.

Removed the pump (get limbered up) and disassembled it.  Found bits of plastic/dirt in the diaphragm area and check valve.  Our pump was missing the filter/strainer assembly so that got ordered from Amazon.  Put everything back together and has been working fine.

You can find schematics/manuals/repair parts for the pumps on line.  They are pretty simple to disassemble and service.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL