Options

Where to put display

Hi.  I just ordered a progressive industries surge protector that has the remote display.  I have seen some of your posts about the display placement, but are you all happy where you put it or would you move it?  I ask because after putting in my battery monitor I kind of wished I had taped it in place to see if that’s where I really wanted it.  Not moving it because I already drilled a hole.  Anyway, thanks in advance and happy t@bbing!

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I mounted our display next to the closet door by the large light switch.  Like it there because it is easy to check when I want to.  Like everything in a 400 or 320, if it emits light, it becomes a night light.  I do how ever like it helps light the way to the bathroom at night or early morning.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The NuCamp location if you have service install one is near the propane leak detector. Tab 400.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    nüCamp installed mine inside the cargo door where the winterizing/bypass valves are, which happens to be close to the incoming power plug. T@B 400

I feel I have more need to see it as I plugging into electrical service. If there is an “event” during the time I am plugged in, it will take care of the electrical service and I would need to go outside to the plugin anyway if some “event” happened. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Verna I asked service about that location earlier this week, and this is what I got back: "Unfortunately we would not be able  to mount the display in the Alde mixing valve compartment. We need a thin wall to mount it in and there is not one that is usable. We would mount the monitor by the converter and below the LP detector".

So I guess that is where they are putting mine.......
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    They have probably received more requests for the monitor since I got mine in July. The factory is always learning more and then updating. Good for them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CapthavocCapthavoc Member Posts: 14
    Thanx all, I think I’ll put it on the underside of the tub next to the charge controller as I think I’ll only need to see what’s going on when plugging in. I’m a reformed tenter so I don’t care for more glowing things
  • Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    Capthavoc said:
    Hi.  I just ordered a progressive industries surge protector that has the remote display.  I have seen some of your posts about the display placement, but are you all happy where you put it or would you move it?  I ask because after putting in my battery monitor I kind of wished I had taped it in place to see if that’s where I really wanted it.  Not moving it because I already drilled a hole.  Anyway, thanks in advance and happy t@bbing!
    Mounting "stuff" is always a compromise for most of us.  I am constantly putting things in, whether cell phone hangers or led controllers, then finding that I want them elsewhere.  I seldom drill and mount right out of the box but defer to 3m double-sided tape.  It sticks well (sometimes TOO well!) but can be surgically removed with dental floss leaving no evidence.  For wires, one can find stick-on plastic wire loom that also uses double tape.  Holes are easy to fill but hard to conceal.  Try the tape first,  and floss often!

WilliamA 
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • Options
    tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    @Capthavoc, like you I didn't care for more glowing things, and I don't like to bend over so much, and I don't like to drill holes. This is my approach.  The Progressive Industries EMS-30C Electrical Management System (EMS) Monitor was mounted on the swing away arm for the TV. It hides away and no glow can be seen in the dark but is instantly available when needed as when connecting shore power.

The wiring and monitor are attached only with zip ties.

The EMS is mounted in the drivers side compartment adjacent to the power converter and the shore power on our 2018 T@B 320 S. The incoming shore power cable was cut appropriately and rerouted through the EMS.

And the monitor wire is run up the shower wall to the TV mount.

The monitor wire was tucked inside the plastic wire loom to the TV support arm and wire tied on.

TY
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • Options
    CapthavocCapthavoc Member Posts: 14
    Thanx Kay and Tom, that looks just right
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I've always felt that PD should offer a flush mount remote display with the wires exiting the rear of the unit. Not everyone want to mount these displays in the exterior electrical bay (big rigs).  I like to have easy access to the display so that I can monitor real-time power consumption and high and low voltage events.  

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.