Options

NuCamp vs. European Tabs

What if anything is the relationship between NuCamp and the whatever company(ies) manufacture T@bs in Europe. It seems that NuCamp mirrors many of the design elements of the T@bs manufactured in Europe. Just curious. I assume that T@bs were first made in Europe and then migrated to manufacturers here in the USA. 
Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
States Visited Map
2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I don't know what the exact arrangement is, but sometime in 2002/2003, Dutchmen obtained the rights to manufacture T@Bs in the US. Dutchmen used a lot of the same parts of the original European T@Bs. In 2009, Dutchmen discontinued building T@Bs, and Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers obtained those rights to continue building them. Pleasant Valley has transitioned to a lot of different parts and mechanical items, but have maintained the same shape, size and look. I don't know how much they HAVE to use of the original design.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    in my opinion that Euro interior are so modern,    very Ikea like-     i love it !   i wish we could get that kind of interior here. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I believe the Euro T@Bs have evolved into their current look relatively recently. The first U.S. T@Bs were essentially clones of their European counterparts. I understand that one of the two T@Bs brought to the U.S. was actually reconfigured for North American power and sold here. I think it is still on the road, as it was up for sale in the last couple of years!
    Somewhere around here is a document outlining the history of the original company, Tabbert Caravan (founded by Mr. Tabbert). Hence the unusual name.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    That first US T@B that was reconfigured for power here in the States was owned by Lorraine Edwards.  She sold it a couple of years ago.  She wanted to donate it to the camper museum but I don't think that materialized.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited January 2019
    TABaker said:
    That first US T@B that was reconfigured for power here in the States was owned by Lorraine Edwards.  She sold it a couple of years ago.  She wanted to donate it to the camper museum but I don't think that materialized.
    Yes, she blogged her travels with that 1st US European T@B for a long time, and I met her at a rally shortly after she got it. She really had some adventures with that T@B. I hope it has many more years on the road :)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL