Options

2016 Jeep Renegade with 2.4 V6 and factory tow package

anyone have experience using a Renegade to tow TAB 320???

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @robi1955, welcome. I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer for you.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 308
    Check out this group.  They may be able to help also.   JEEPERS that CAMP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340085116189149/
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2024 TaB 400 with all the option packages (full lithium), 
    2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow Package.  
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    2.4 is 4 cylinder, not v6 and is rated for only 2000 lbs which might be a little light for a 320.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    targtarg Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2019
    My opinion is that towing a T@B behind that would be foolish at best.  Just because you *might* be within the limits and technically *can* tow it doesn't mean you *should*.  You are so close to the limits that you will really need to look at your specific car's gross combined weight rating (GCWR) and see if you can stay within the limits when the T@B is "wet" and your car is full of passengers and gear. 
    There's no reference for it, but this post <<https://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/680953-post121.html>&gt; mentions that in the UK, trailer noseweight is limited to only 132 lbs.  So be sure to check your owner's manual and see if that applies to your specific car.  If it does, a even a T@G is a non-starter.
    FWIW, I tow a 320S BD Lite with a TJU with the 4.0l I6, 4.10 gearing, and 3500 lb towing capacity, and even that can be exciting at times.  The TJU knows the T@B is back there and crosswinds can be easily felt.

The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice. | -REBEC OF GINAZ
    2019 T@B 320S BD Lite, Jeep TJUR, Jeep JT