Options

Pahaque skirt

We found errors in our instructions, surprise.
now we are having a heck of a time getting the skirt to fit properly.  I know there is a wheel cover with velcro, but we are having a problem with installing the skirt.
how do you folks get this job done in just a few minutes?  The instructions specify starting on front by the trailer door.  If we do, it doesn't stretch to the rear of the trailer.
Thank you.
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Got it.  We had to stand on our head and scratch our nose.  Earned $ from the neighbors who watched.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2015
    I guess I don't understand what you are referring to and agonizing over here Judy when you mention a "Paha Que skirt" for the T@B unit and maybe others don't either since no one else has replied to your posting?   Are you referring to the visor over the trailer and do you have any photos, suggestions for changing the instructions for the product, etc.??   And did you contact Little Guy World Wide or Paha Que regarding the instructions if you felt they were incorrect?   I understand your frustration, but nothing can be changed via the manufacturer if they are unaware of the issue.  

We are certainly here to help people out anyway we can and when I find out there is an issue (e.g., either with a trailer, product, etc.) I do try to let others know and pass it along to the manufacturer, factory or Little Guy.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    mdimdimdimdi Member Posts: 32
    My guess was that she was referring to the part that attaches to the trailer to keep bugs ect. from getting into the tent you attach to the t@bs. That sounds like a skirt to me. Just a guess though. 
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283

The tent comes with a separate fabric piece that goes through the lower keder rail at the trailer floor. Fits over the wheel well and covers the gap between the trailer floor and the ground. Fits to the tent with Velcro.

I think that's the skirt she refers to. 

Also think instructions say to start at the trailer front to thread the skirt through the keder.

Still interested in what went wrong.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2015
    sabel said:

The tent comes with a separate fabric piece that goes through the lower keder rail at the trailer floor. Fits over the wheel well and covers the gap between the trailer floor and the ground. Fits to the tent with Velcro.

I think that's the skirt she refers to. 

That makes more sense and I've never seen it installed.  But did just find this on their site so I can see what she is referring to.   Has anyone else had an issue here?   

I can see where the wheel and fender might provide a challenge, but it's like anything else, you need to practice setting these tents up and by doing so you gain experience and it becomes easier next time out.   I've been there and done it!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    stanmstanm Member Posts: 49
    For the main tent, start at whichever end is more accessible, I've found it doesn't really matter. For the skirt, start at the tire for both the front and back sections. My kedar railwas installed all the way to the trailer fender so I had to expand the rail near the beginning in order to get the skirt started. The first couple times it can be a little tedious but I have gotten to the point where I can slide the skirt into place in about 2 minutes now. It just took practice and patience.

Good luck...
    Stan & Kitty - Seattle - 2014 T@B Q, Silver & Orange, 2013 Outback
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    edited April 2015
    Thank you.  I think it was just the newness and once we stretched it a few times all was well.
    Thank you for your replies.  Internet has been spotty and I had not been able to reply sooner.