Options

2019 T@B400 Door Lock Replacement Key

Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
Somehow lost the spare door key and want to get another one. 
Has anyone gone through the process of trying to replace a key on a late-model T@B400 who can give advice on how to get that done?
Still trying to go the dealer route and waiting for an answer from one and another needs the trailer to be brought to them to see it.
Is this a key blank that can be purchased online somewhere for a local locksmith to cut using the code etched on the key?
F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Try emailing tech@nucamprv.com and see what info he has from the factory. Please share your findings as this has not been discussed on the forum before. Thanks. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    I called Elsie, gave her my key # and ordered 4 spares.  None of the local locksmiths could duplicate it.  Also got 4 spares for the storage and access doors.  Ran me about $30.  Now you might have to call your dealer to order them.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2019
    After emailing photos back and forth with one dealer trying to figure it out, heard back ftom another dealer who confirmed what @BigGrover said above.  There is a 5 digit alphanumerical code (A0000) etched into the key that each owner needs to record in case you lose all of them.  Not hard to do 4 yrs down the road.  Factory doesn’t track what yours was built with so that would complicate things if you can’t provide the number.  

I’m going to write our code on the dealer delivery sheet that shows all the specs and final brake test result pre delivery.  Probably a good idea for factory to update that dealer delivery sheet to record this number there as well. If any dealers monitor this thread, heads-up as this will help people down the road.  The door locks on these new 400 trailers are more secure as they don’t appear to use the same common key blank.  

Edit : the plastic cover of the door latch comes off by just pulling it towards you making that a great place to write down the key number in marker.  

F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks Awca12a, excellent info and suggestions and will pass this along to nuCamp as it makes good sense.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ