Brain storm idea on wifi 4g boost

Is the cable to the back of the TV in this photo part of the cable TV attachment out side rv? If so, could I detach that end, plug it into the signal expander from we boost. Then attach antenna to cable TV port outside. This allows of I stallation of 4g extender with drilling holes in my beloved Torta 

Comments

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    That does terminate at the outside cable jack. What I don't know is if the coax type is the same or the connectors. You would have to make sure the coax on the booster is of the same impedance as the pre installed TV coax. Your idea may work if everything matches.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    That does terminate at the outside cable jack. What I don't know is if the coax type is the same or the connectors. You would have to make sure the coax on the booster is of the same impedance as the pre installed TV coax. Your idea may work if everything matches.
    Agree. I could be wrong, but I thought the Wboost/Wilson boosters used a different type of coax.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• JEBJEB Member Posts: 266
    jkjenn said:
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    Agree. I could be wrong, but I thought the Wboost/Wilson boosters used a different type of coax.
    You are correct.  I have the weBoost Drive 4G-X booster and the trucker's antenna.  The coax that runs from the antenna to the booster is significantly thinner than the coax running to the TV.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I just ran the cable out the doorway to an extension cable on an antenna pole attached to the handle at the front corner..

There is a rubber gasket around the door which helps protect the cable.
    You can see more of my installation by scrolling down on this page..
    http://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/comment/104783

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods