Options

Glycol leak

We were getting ready to take our T@B to southwest and testing heating system plugged in.  No heat coming on, looked in Alde cabinet - all looked good.  Pulled up bench seat and glycol is leaking from the back right where the heating system runs.  Any thoughts on what I need to do to troubleshoot this?  Thanks.  Ginny

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited February 2019
    Search the forum on your title & you'll find discussions of similar problems.  Some have had cracks in the base of the reservoir or "expansion tank" which is located above that area in back driver-side corner.  If it's like ours, remove two screws in a side panel to get to it.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited November 2019
    I just happened to take a photograph yesterday showing where the Alde reservoir is located in the 320S, as described by @BrianZ , so here is that photo.  The panel slides right out after pulling out the two screws.  Pretty tight quarters in that area, but you can always use a mirror (or take a photo with a cell phone) to see if any glycol has leaked out and puddled up at the base of that compartment.  (Greg)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    GinnyBGinnyB Member Posts: 2
    Thanks.  I will take a lookout this.  Ginny