Options

New to me Tab! Help with a couple of fixes.

lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
Hello all-- After a long time searching I finally found a very nice used 320S at a great price in Colorado!!! Woohoo!! Should be picking it up in a week or so-- the dealer does a thorough walkthrough & instructions of all systems etc. Just a couple of things I saw in my inspection that may or may not be a concern or something I'll just have to live with. 1. One Rock chip up high on the front above the front window must have been a fair sized rock--- would you just keep a good coat of wax on or is there a clear sealant that could be painted on like vehicle touch up paint? 2. The kitchen sink has part of the manufacturer sticker still stuck on-- the previous owners just tried to rip it off without softening it up first & it left a portion behind that they couldn't get off. Hate those stickers! Any ideas what can be used on these plastic sinks that wouldn't melt it like a heat gun or damage it like some glue solvent? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @lkc001 , I can't speak to the rock chip issue, except that a good wax should protect that area if you cannot find a "fix" for the chipped area.  You might also contact nuCamp (or, I suppose a T@B dealer now), to see if there is touch-up paint available.

As far as the sticker, I would think that "Goo Gone" would remove the sticker.  I used it on the round acrylic window on my 320S door to remove an inspection sticker and it worked great.  It is very easy to use.  You can always test it on an inconspicuous area first, which is what the manufacturer recommends, but the only thing the label on the bottle indicates NOT to use it on is "silk, leather, suede or rubber."   (Greg)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    If you can't find an easy paint repair for the rock chip. Consider getting some "splats". Those are the original symbols from Tabbert Knaus and brought over by Dutchmen and made into stickers that were placed randomly one each side of the trailer. They are also good for covering up and protecting small dings. There is now an Etsy seller that makes splat stickers. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/586081559/tab-trailer-splat-sticker-tb-teardrop?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tab+splat&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    @Mouseketab--great idea!  Wonder if they make them in different colors too!  

Woohoo!
  • Options
    @Bayliss--glad to know someone has used the goo gone on something plastic/acrylic--I think the bottom side of the sink has kind of a different finish than the side you use.  I'm going to have to check that out first because I believe goo gone is petroleum based.  I might try some regular oil first.  The sink is one of the few things I don't like about the Tab.
    Woohoo!