Upgrading to a TaB 400

Comments

• EjiEji Member Posts: 12
    Hi there, well its been almost two years since I  became a nucamp family member and i love it. I have enjoyed my T@b 320 S every month and now I want upgrade to a 400. I have contacted my nearest dealer and there price is way higher than most areas. I would like to trade my camper for the 400 but no deals out there. Does anyone have any sugestion on what I need to do? Thanks for your advice.  
    Eddy
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Eji said: no
    I would like to trade my camper for the 400 but no deals out there. Does anyone have any sugestion on what I need to do? Thanks for your advice.  
    Eddy
    Your best bet is to sell your trailer privately, then look for a trailer somewhere in the midwest and closer to the factory.  Or consider an older model 400 (possibly a used trailer) and something more in the price range you're looking for.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    Buy at an RV show. The prices were substantially lower!
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • EjiEji Member Posts: 12
    Thank you guys, Ill try selling it myself.  
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited March 2019
    Park it outside the show with a for sale sign. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Eji said:
    . . . have enjoyed my T@b 320 S every month and now I want upgrade to a 400. . . .
    While the 400 provides more space it's difficult for me to call it an upgrade.  The 400 has the same materials and build quality and same nuCamp company support.  You're just getting a bigger trailer with more interior space but also higher towing costs, higher insurance rates, higher cost awnings/tents, and maybe need for bigger tow vehicle.

A mix of trade-offs. A different style of RV Camping - - - not an upgrade - - - ;)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    How about an upsize😉
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    Any NuCamp product is an upgrade. Which one is personal choice. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • rioosoriooso Member Posts: 27
    I live in California and I just was not prepared to pay the prices that my area wanted. I drove to Virginia and bought one and saved over $15K. In my state that amounts to a saving of $$900 in taxes. The trip back was great! I just looked today and there are some NEW 2018 models on RV Trader and it is less than I paid for mine. If you have the time it is worth it. 
  • Check Juniata Valley RV in Mifflintown, PA  best price I've found. 2019 with large fridge, inverter, and microwave, $26950
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    riooso said:
    I live in California and I just was not prepared to pay the prices that my area wanted. I drove to Virginia and bought one and saved over $15K. In my state that amounts to a saving of $$900 in taxes. The trip back was great! I just looked today and there are some NEW 2018 models on RV Trader and it is less than I paid for mine. If you have the time it is worth it. 
    Some good points for sure!  I did similar with my 2015 320 T@B.  Waiting an extra year will obviously help reduce cost and there should be some deals to be had.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Eji said:
    Thank you guys, Ill try selling it myself.  
    I was in the same situation. The quote here in Florida was pretty high plus a $2,000 transfer fee when I would be turning around and driving directly back to uCamp. So I purchased through Hadocy in Columbus-worked with Hamilton Whaley-he's been great! Much better price than Florida and knowledgeable about the trailer. When I viewed at the local dealer, I ended up showing the salesman the features of the 400. Trade-in quote here was also terrible, so I'm going to sell my CS-S myself. Hope that helps.  
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ