Options

Carbon Monoxide/LP Detector Will not Reset

RebarRebar Member Posts: 29
Pulled the T@B today.  I had a box in front of the CO/LP detector, on the floor while towing, so I THINK that is what set the alarm off (saw that mentioned a few times on this forum).  When I got to my campsite, the CO/LP detector was beeping, and the CO light was flashing.  I hit the Test/Reset button, and it silenced the alarm, but only for about 6 minutes, then it started beeping again.  The LP was off at the tank and I aired out the camper thoroughly even though nothing was running that would have produced CO.  The alarm continued to go off.  The battery voltage meter shows a full battery.  Not sure what could be happening.  I also check to see if there were any cleaning fluids, etc in the storage cabinet in which the detector is mounted.  Nothing.  I'm out of ideas.  Any thoughts?
2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"

Comments

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Hmmm.  Might check to see if anything like dust or spider webs are down in the unit causing it to go off.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Pull the fuse and put it back in?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Or unplug the wire under the bench seat, for just a few minutes.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RebarRebar Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the tips, and especially for the lightning fast replies!  This is a fantastic forum.  I disconnected the battery for a minute, hooked it back up, and, that took care of resetting the CO/LP detector.  ChanW....I did see the wire under the seat, and thought about that, but wasn't sure if it was connected to anything else.  Great help you all!  Much appreciated.  It'll be a quiet night now.  

Cheers,
    David
    2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"